Bike Saddles

3 watchers
Feb 2012
4:49pm, 26 Feb 2012
2,470 posts
  •  
MoscowFlyer
No idea about the bulls thing, nothing was mentioned to me in the shop yesterday. Bloody comfortable for me though.

The seat it came with (Arione) is actually meant to be fairly comfortable as well, but I took it off before I left the shop yesterday as I never trust standard issue saddles.
Feb 2012
5:32pm, 26 Feb 2012
11,716 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I think I would be happy with an Arione!

I am off to the 'proper LBS' tomorrow. I am hoping they dont try to sell me an Brooks attached to an Audax machine :)
Feb 2012
6:03pm, 26 Feb 2012
2,474 posts
  •  
MoscowFlyer
I must admit I probably rushed into the new saddle as I didn't read up to see what it came with, I'd have held off a bit otherwise but I was a bit trigger happy with the credit card yesterday. If I can get shot of it for £40 though then I'll be happy as it then means I only paid around £45 for the new one.
Feb 2012
6:39pm, 26 Feb 2012
11,718 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I would take it off your hands for that MF, but I am determined to find some way of trying a few out first.
They go for more than that on ebay.
Jul 2013
11:00pm, 10 Jul 2013
3,303 posts
  •  
sallykate
Resurrecting this thread because I've seen universally bad reviews of the Boardman saddle which I'm currently using - covered with a mega-cheap gel thing which I'd rather ditch but the saddle's so uncomfortable on its own.

So I'm thinking of buying wiggle.co.uk which seems to have good reviews - and presumably if I hate it as soon as I've tried it I can return it.

This is all with a view to getting round the RideLondon 100 so I'm looking for something which will be comfortable for some hours rather than just a quick commute.

Thoughts?
Jul 2013
6:19am, 11 Jul 2013
16,576 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Go to a big LBS and ask them for trial models.

You might not hate it until you have been sat on it for four hours, by which time it could be too late to return it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JohnnyO
Is this kit or *shudder* triathlon?

Anyway. As I have started doing more cycling I have started t...