Big toe hurts

1 watcher
Jun 2012
7:23am, 7 Jun 2012
13,145 posts
  •  
hellen
First noticed it jogging home from a track session ( my first in years but not my first hard session) on thursday
Couldn't really pinpoint the pain but toes and bit under toe was swollen

It seemed to go away and I forgot about it. Did a marathon on Monday and all was well. Then it came back again, can't remember if it started again tues or wed but yesterday ( wed) it was quite painful when I got back from my run/ gym session. The bit between the actual toe and ball of foot seems to be where the pain is coming from when I prod and that bit is swollen as well as general swelling around the toe which is obvious when compared to the other toe

This morning it doesn't feel too bad

Any ideas?
Ted
Jun 2012
8:07am, 7 Jun 2012
11,604 posts
  •  
Ted
*bump*
Jun 2012
9:57am, 7 Jun 2012
13,148 posts
  •  
hellen
thanks ted!
Jun 2012
10:06am, 7 Jun 2012
4,791 posts
  •  
lammo
perhaps the track and style of faster running pushed your toe into the end of your shoe.....

*really has no idea, but hopes it gets better soon*
Ted
Jun 2012
11:53am, 7 Jun 2012
11,606 posts
  •  
Ted
Well, I don't know what to say Hellen. None of the Docs has raised their heads to offer advise, most unusual. You would think that MotM would get more attention...

*bump*
Jun 2012
11:57am, 7 Jun 2012
8,944 posts
  •  
Pootle
I'm a doctor and I think cut if off is the best option. I'll even do it for yo0u if you like?

*polishes rusty bread knife*
Jun 2012
12:30pm, 7 Jun 2012
6,235 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
A case of toe-itis and inbetweentoe-itis I think.

Dr Winkle, intertubes doctor.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by hellen
First noticed it jogging home from a track session ( my first in years but not my first hard session...