Big & Tall Running Vest

2 watchers
Nov 2020
6:30pm, 10 Nov 2020
First-time poster!!
  •  
Run23ie
I am 6' 3" and I have recently tried to buy a "Running Hydration Vest" and everything I find is way to small. I have returned 2 different brand types to Amazon as they barley closed across my chest (Before I even put anything into it), one was even classed as L/XL. Has anyone experienced this problem and if there were any suggestions on purchasing something suitable for a Big & Tall runner. Thanks
Nov 2020
6:41pm, 10 Nov 2020
7,168 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
There is a new company with a plus sized race vest available soon.

harrierrunfree.co.uk

I can’t comment on the plus sized one but I have the regular one and find it very good.
Nov 2020
7:34pm, 10 Nov 2020
4,157 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
What chest size are you, and which 2 brands didn't work ?

I'm just a size M, but different makes fit quite differently - the Salomon M is pretty snug, whereas the Ultimate Direction M is slightly loose even when the cords are at their tightest
Nov 2020
8:39am, 11 Nov 2020
2 posts
  •  
Run23ie
I have tried AONIJIE 2.5L Breathable Lightweight Backpack Running Vest in a L/XL and the TRIWONDER Hydration Pack Backpack Professional 8L in a large. The straps barely closed and they were way too tight.
Nov 2020
2:43pm, 12 Nov 2020
2,117 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'm also about 6'3" and, assuming your profile picture is (a) you and (b) representative of how you look now, of an apparently similar build overall.

I have a Salomon vest, size XL - a forerunner of one of these peteblandsports.co.uk (other retailers are available) - and find that it works well. The key advantage for me is the elastic strapping across the chest which allows it to be both snug/stable and non constricting. They also do a version with a 5 litre capacity which looks very similar.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Run23ie
I am 6' 3" and I have recently tried to buy a "Running Hydration Vest" and everything I find i...