BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Best method to carry pre-measured Tailwind for ultras

4 watchers
7 Apr
11:50am, 7 Apr 2021
4584 posts
12barDavid
Only just spotted this thread.

PAJ89, I use old 35mm plastic film containers for my extra Tailwind when Iā€™m running šŸƒšŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø long distances. There obviously very light & I can get a scoop & a half of Tailwind into each container. Watertight as well.
7 Apr
2:37pm, 7 Apr 2021
46 posts
PAJ89
Those Torq cannisters look great, and definitely a good point about reducing the plastic use. Will take a look for sure and see how that measures up, thanks Hanneke.

Good repurposing of the film containers David!
7 Apr
2:39pm, 7 Apr 2021
72311 posts
Hanneke
The Torq containers fit 3 scoops... Worth just buying 5... Use the contents, I did well on it and I am a tricky customer with allergies and sensitivities... Then use the pots forever more :)
7 Apr
3:00pm, 7 Apr 2021
47 posts
PAJ89
Hanneke, I've literally just placed an order for 5 :D Considering its reusable, screw cap (which will be more secure than any other options I'm considering) and very affordable thought I'd just give them a go. Did a little research which suggests the Torq scoop is about 30ish grams, basically the same as the Tailwind scoop. Thanks again for the recommendation!
7 Apr
4:20pm, 7 Apr 2021
72312 posts
Hanneke
:) it is my pleasure!
10 Apr
2:32pm, 10 Apr 2021
52 posts
PAJ89
So an update as the Torq containers arrived: really great little product, unfortunately they are a little smaller than expected as they can only fit about 1.5 scoops of Tailwind (perhaps the scoop/measure info on one or both the sites is a little out of date). However two tubes will equal 3 scoops which is what I was shooting for, and the fact that they are a bit smaller in shape/dimension will make it a bit easier to pack (despite having to carry more tubes overall). Screw top for security is great, easy to wash and reusable is great, so I think I'll probably order a few more tubes. Thanks again for the ideas and suggestions everyone!
10 Apr
3:30pm, 10 Apr 2021
50565 posts
Lip Gloss
:-) good luck

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by PAJ89
Hi Fetchies. Wanted to ask opinions from anyone who has experience running long distances fuelling w...