Best method to carry pre-measured Tailwind for ultras

9 watchers
Apr 2021
11:50am, 7 Apr 2021
4,584 posts
  •  
12barDavid
Only just spotted this thread.

PAJ89, I use old 35mm plastic film containers for my extra Tailwind when Iā€™m running šŸƒšŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø long distances. There obviously very light & I can get a scoop & a half of Tailwind into each container. Watertight as well.
Apr 2021
2:37pm, 7 Apr 2021
46 posts
  •  
PAJ89
Those Torq cannisters look great, and definitely a good point about reducing the plastic use. Will take a look for sure and see how that measures up, thanks Hanneke.

Good repurposing of the film containers David!
Apr 2021
2:39pm, 7 Apr 2021
72,311 posts
  •  
Hanneke
The Torq containers fit 3 scoops... Worth just buying 5... Use the contents, I did well on it and I am a tricky customer with allergies and sensitivities... Then use the pots forever more :)
Apr 2021
3:00pm, 7 Apr 2021
47 posts
  •  
PAJ89
Hanneke, I've literally just placed an order for 5 :D Considering its reusable, screw cap (which will be more secure than any other options I'm considering) and very affordable thought I'd just give them a go. Did a little research which suggests the Torq scoop is about 30ish grams, basically the same as the Tailwind scoop. Thanks again for the recommendation!
Apr 2021
4:20pm, 7 Apr 2021
72,312 posts
  •  
Hanneke
:) it is my pleasure!
Apr 2021
2:32pm, 10 Apr 2021
52 posts
  •  
PAJ89
So an update as the Torq containers arrived: really great little product, unfortunately they are a little smaller than expected as they can only fit about 1.5 scoops of Tailwind (perhaps the scoop/measure info on one or both the sites is a little out of date). However two tubes will equal 3 scoops which is what I was shooting for, and the fact that they are a bit smaller in shape/dimension will make it a bit easier to pack (despite having to carry more tubes overall). Screw top for security is great, easy to wash and reusable is great, so I think I'll probably order a few more tubes. Thanks again for the ideas and suggestions everyone!
Apr 2021
3:30pm, 10 Apr 2021
50,565 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
:-) good luck
Jun 2022
1:43pm, 19 Jun 2022
20,616 posts
  •  
flanker
Just come across this thread ...

Just wondering how easy is it to carry the Torq containers in a race vest? Do they dig in if in pockets or (worse!) rattle around which would drive me mad! I'd probably need to carry about 10 for some events.
Jun 2022
5:56pm, 19 Jun 2022
5,017 posts
  •  
Snoot
Just come across this thread ... Just wondering how easy is it to carry the Torq containers in a race vest? Do they dig in if in pockets or (worse!) rattle around which would drive me mad! I'd probably need to carry about 10 for some events.

I've had two or three in the front zip pocket of my Salamon vest, not had trouble with them digging in as there's other stuff in the stretch pocket behind them. The one I carry salt sticks in does rattle which is a bit annoying.

Each canister is 80mm tall and 37mm diameter at the widest. If you want to carry 10 I'd assume some would go in the back or other stretch pockets?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by PAJ89
Hi Fetchies. Wanted to ask opinions from anyone who has experience running long distances fuelling w...