Berlin Marathon 2021

5 watchers
Dec 2020
3:02pm, 16 Dec 2020
38,170 posts
  •  
HarkTheHeraldAngels ♫Synge♫
No email yet - I am some way down the alphabet ...
Dec 2020
3:35pm, 16 Dec 2020
20,274 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Nope.

Not too upset. Still not sure about making plans for next year.
Dec 2020
3:47pm, 16 Dec 2020
38,177 posts
  •  
HarkTheHeraldAngels ♫Synge♫
"Unfortunately, you are not among the lucky winners of the lottery."

Mixed feelings.
Aug 2021
11:03am, 4 Aug 2021
173 posts
  •  
jomo_richmond
In the past 24 hours, both Frankfurt and Cologne have both cancelled their October marathons. I am still training for Berlin and have (refundable) flights and hotel in place, but that news isn't particularly encouraging.
Aug 2021
11:49am, 6 Aug 2021
41,917 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
No, it isn't encouraging, you're right. The official FB page is still publishing cheery posts almost daily, but comments there suggest a fair amount of doubt amongst runners over whether it will - or should - go ahead.
Aug 2021
6:25pm, 6 Aug 2021
174 posts
  •  
jomo_richmond
Based on the subsequent email from the organisers, it nw appears that they are going ahead - if you are vaccinated or have a test. Hamburg is also saying its on for 12th Sept for vaccinated runners. I will just keep plugging away with the training at this point.
Sep 2021
8:51am, 23 Sep 2021
42,688 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Good luck to anyone who is doing this at the weekend! I hope the last minute travel and logistics all goes smoothly.

I'm now wishing that I had got a place in the ballot after all (after spending most of the summer feeling relieved that I hadn't!).

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by ♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Thread for discussion of the 2021 event. This is back to its usual last-Sunday-in-September slot and is due to take place on 26 September 2021.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.