Berlin 2013

12 watchers
Jul 2013
12:11pm, 18 Jul 2013
314 posts
  •  
Lemon10
how is everyone's training going? I'm not where I wanted to be but I think I should be fine to get round in my usual 6 hours. very excited about being in Berlin!
Jul 2013
12:29am, 22 Jul 2013
15 posts
  •  
briandarroch
I've been out injured for the last 5 weeks. Since my accommodation and flight are already paid I'll be going to Berlin. My decision to run will be left to the last minute but it wont be quick
Jul 2013
1:09pm, 24 Jul 2013
282 posts
  •  
AmGettingFitter (AGF)
The same thing happened to me a few years back brian. Myself and the wife had a good weekend away instead and got P***ed instead. Lovely.

I therefore have unfinished business and am hoping I speed up in the weeks to come and am looking for a PB :)
Aug 2013
10:48pm, 4 Aug 2013
19 posts
  •  
baggio71
Back on the Fetch forums after a few years so forgive me if I end up trashing the etiquette while I find my feet again....

Am off to Berlin for the marathon in September, will be first time at Berlin or indeed anywhere outside UK. Those of you who've been before - anything special I should know?

Ta in advance :)
Aug 2013
6:50am, 5 Aug 2013
10,265 posts
  •  
paul a
Run on the right abroad.
Aug 2013
10:52am, 5 Aug 2013
128 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
Fingers crossed brian..

I missed out on Barcelona marathon back in March due to injury (and also deferred London), still had a good time and didn't need to worry about drinking too much so not all bad :-) ..Was out for nearly 3 months and have now slowly built back to 25 miles per week, 14 miles is my longest run so far, so behind schedule but very wary of injury so building things up slowly. Just aim to enjoy the day and not 'race' it as such, more of a training run.

Really looking forward to going to Berlin, never been before & have almost a week there. So any tips welcomed.

Hope everyones training is going well.
Aug 2013
1:09pm, 5 Aug 2013
5,104 posts
  •  
becca7
Not done Berlin before but I have heard it is a good one and I know a few folks doing it. I am not training specifically for it as I have done other marathons and ultras over the summer and I am doing it off the back of those so I am not sure how it will go.
Aug 2013
1:30pm, 5 Aug 2013
337 posts
  •  
Lemon10
I'm doing Berlin this year, being paced round by Mr L10, we'll be at the back as I am slow and representing the Fetch SAP Club (slow and proud).

We've never been to Berlin before but we've got some German friends who have given us the following info on Berlin and the surrounding area, for anyone who is planning to do some sightseeing. Some of this might be handy, we plan to visit Potsdam on the Monday, I'll be the one limping very badly...

Try a place called Potsdam - the palace is called "Sans-Soussis-Schloss" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanssouci ). It's really worth to go there. They also have a nice pedestrian area with the so called "dutch quarter", a lot of nice souvenirs and coffee shops (but not the same as in Amsterdam ;)

See links below and you have a great variety to visit.

potsdam.de

spreewald.de

nikolaiviertel-berlin.de

You can get on a boat at Potsdam and do a little cruise around the dozens of rivers with great villas.

I hope that is useful to someone, good luck with the last weeks of training everyone, I've got 15 miles planned for Sunday.
Sep 2013
4:06pm, 9 Sep 2013
137 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
Thanks for the info Lemon10.

How's training going for Everyone ?

Did my first 20 yesterday and it went well so now looking forward to a little tapering.
Sep 2013
4:38pm, 9 Sep 2013
655 posts
  •  
K-Web
I shall be sherpa-ing at Berlin, so if you see me (you'll probably hear me first) I'm always up for sweaty hugs :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by AdminLiz
40th BMW BERLIN-MARATHON
SOLD OUT in 3 1/2 hours!