Berlin 2013

12 watchers
Sep 2013
9:06pm, 30 Sep 2013
718 posts
  •  
Scott S
Is it still that awful "Basica" sports drink they do?

And do you still get free beer at the end?
Oct 2013
6:30am, 1 Oct 2013
317 posts
  •  
AmGettingFitter (AGF)
Free beer at the end ( non alcoholic) and the drinks on route are water and powerbar
Oct 2013
9:34am, 1 Oct 2013
719 posts
  •  
Scott S
Non-alcoholic? What's the point of that?

I remember going up to the beer wagons and you were able to get 2 glasses of beer and sit on the grass near the Reichstag (sp?) and then pop to the other wagon and repeat + "my friend wants some as well" for more.

Do they still have the problem where as soon as a water station appears, everyone either grinds to a halt or suddenly darts across the road?
Oct 2013
9:38am, 1 Oct 2013
10,374 posts
  •  
paul a
Yep, still water station chaos.
Oct 2013
1:15pm, 2 Oct 2013
407 posts
  •  
Lemon10
Back from Berlin last night and I have to say it was an amazing weekend. Great place to visit for a few days. I had so much fun at the back of the pack, great support for even the slowest runner, flat route past some of Berlin's best landmarks, numerous aid stations all well stocked, brilliant marshalls and crowds, and a fantastic finish line experience. The only down side was they had run out of medals by the time I finished (6hr 1min) so I was given a mini marathon medal and have had an email saying they are posting proper marathon medals out in the next week or two. So, assuming they deliver, an amazing experience!
Oct 2013
2:15pm, 2 Oct 2013
1,559 posts
  •  
Hackett
Great experience. I cheated on my training and got found out after halfway and slumped round in 4.10. The occasion is fantastic , such a shame they don't make the Brandenburg Gate the finish line !! So much so I ran 7.34 pace to the finish line. Only concern was the drinks stations - cups. Just not a good look trying to run and drink at the same time. Well worth doing , this course has PB written all over it - if you train correctly.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by AdminLiz
40th BMW BERLIN-MARATHON
SOLD OUT in 3 1/2 hours!