Bereavement

26 watchers
Jun 2022
9:52am, 20 Jun 2022
2,144 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Thanks LD and Mrs J.

Yes LD, I think it is a bit more of a shock when someone is younger, and expected to live for many more years. Allister was in his fifties, and this time last year we had no idea what was ahead. Even after being first diagnosed, we kept positive and hoped for a few years at the very least.
Jun 2022
10:39am, 20 Jun 2022
6,327 posts
  •  
westmoors
Condolences PLB and (((hugs))).
Jun 2022
10:50am, 20 Jun 2022
1,815 posts
  •  
Big_G
PLB, sorry to read this. I think when someone dies outside the ‘normal’ order of things, it is a huge shock and I’m sorry you’re going through this. You mentioned that things change throughout the day, and I know it’s a massive cliche, but I found that it’s literally going minute-by-minute or hour-by-hour, and I think this is normal, although I know me saying that doesn’t make it easy. Take care.
Jun 2022
1:32pm, 20 Jun 2022
6,364 posts
  •  
jennyh
I’m so sorry for your loss PLB x
Jun 2022
1:45pm, 20 Jun 2022
268 posts
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
PLB, condolences. So sorry to hear about Allister. Hang on in there and be kind to yourself. Just getting through each day is a massive achievement. Take care.
Jun 2022
11:07pm, 20 Jun 2022
2,145 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Thank you everyone for all your supportive messages. It really does make a difference.

One thing I can be very grateful for, and that is I was able to be with him while he was in hospital. I can’t imagine what it must have been like during lockdown for those in hospital and their loved ones. I really don’t know how you could get over something like that, and with all the restrictions on funerals as well.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

It strikes me that we have a variety of threads to discuss life and its challenges but we don’t ha...