Benchmarks in training

12 watchers
Sep 2020
9:28pm, 24 Sep 2020
5,902 posts
  •  
minardi
OK, understood, thank you. However, my HM on 11 April 2010 does have a map....
Oct 2020
11:28am, 13 Oct 2020
First-time poster!!
  •  
Siao loves spring
So there is a benchmark that shows wrong data. Are users able to edit the specific activity itself to reveal the true time ran. Other than removing it ?

For Eg I have a run on track that is 10.88km shown in gps. I edited the activity. (Not by trimming but just inputting the number) however the benchmark still shows 10.88

Just wondering because some users might have benchmarks that are Their fastest runs but not “set” proper because of gps
SPR
Oct 2020
11:36am, 13 Oct 2020
31,974 posts
  •  
SPR
I'm someone that deletes track benchmarks due to this and no you can't reset. The basic benchmarks assume even pace from log so should pick it up and race times if it's a race.

Garmin Track Mode may help with this in the future.
Jul 2022
1:56pm, 15 Jul 2022
First-time poster!!
  •  
RicheyJames
Hi. Long time lurker, first time poster. Just logged a 6k run from my sparkly new Garmin and oddly it hasn't given me a 5k benchmark? Everything else looks fine and the shorter benchmarks are present and correct. Wouldn't be that bothered but I'm pretty sure it was a PB! Have I done something wrong (more than probable)?
Jul 2022
5:31pm, 15 Jul 2022
13,985 posts
  •  
Sweetie
Welcome to the forums RJ.
I don't have an answer for you unfortunately but it is a glitch I get on Garmin entries from time to time too - most often when things are imported from multi-sport events, it misses the longest benchmark for swim/bike/run even when the distances are waaay over. Hugely frustrating when it is a likely PB as you say.
Might be worth dropping Fetch a message directly (if you haven't already) I'm sure he'll be able to guide you more.....
8 Jan
5:08pm, 8 Jan 2024
842 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
I've just been tidying up my benchmarks lists, removing any GPS benchmarks that are duplicates of race times over those distances ... and out of nowhere I received a 'Seventies' badge for reaching 70% or more on a training run!

While I'd love to be able to claim that badge for real one day, I've had to return it for now (I've not yet achieved 70% in a race, let alone a training run!), but am curious as to what might have happened to make the system mistakenly award me that badge - hopefully pruning my benchmarks hasn't caused any strange knock-on effects elsewhere?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ultracat
I got a notification about benchmarks in training logs. I have tried to delete the entries inputted...