Benchmarks - missing a key run?

4 watchers
Mar 2016
9:52am, 21 Mar 2016
526 posts
  •  
larkim
Just used the benchmarks tool (i.e. updated it for the first time) to look at fastest miles / 5kms etc etc.

It all looks good, apart from the fact that it seems to be glaringly missing one run (my PB HM effort at Chester in 2013) - it should show on my list of fastest 10miles, and probably on my fastest 10kms too (even if I could live with it missing the fastest HM as perhaps my GPS trace could be a little short etc).

Is there a way to "force" a GPS route into being included in these benchmarks?
Mar 2016
10:50am, 21 Mar 2016
20,721 posts
  •  
HellsBells
My fastest times show on the right hand "basic benchmarks" table but not in the left hand "GPS benchmarks" one
Thus on the right I have a 13 mile benchmark of 2:07:41 but on the left have a half marathon benchmark of 2:30 something. That must have been a very difficult 0.1 mile :-)
Mar 2016
12:20pm, 21 Mar 2016
6,854 posts
  •  
Rosehip
my least slow marathon appears on the right as a 26 mile benchmark, but on the left there is only the 26.2 cut from a 50K. I can understand yesterday's not being there as I had to adjust the distance since the Garmin thought I'd swum in the lake, but surprised London hasn't made it on
Mar 2016
1:07pm, 21 Mar 2016
136 posts
  •  
Hallucyn8
I have some missing as well. It appears to be older runs that are not there. My only marathon is missing which was in 2011.
Mar 2016
4:57pm, 21 Mar 2016
529 posts
  •  
larkim
Perhaps when runs are uploaded the various fastest "bits" are extracted at upload time and written to the database (but not published as benchmarks). And then when the benchmarks page is updated for the first time it grabs that data and makes it publishable.

But perhaps (again) that process to upload the fastest "bits" only commenced back in 2013 some time, hence those fastest "bits" for periods earlier than some time in 2013 (which is when my missing data appears to be) can't be processed and added to the benchmarks page? Lord Fetch?

Certainly for me, the earliest data is from Dec 2013, whereas in the first 6 months of 2013 I was (relatively!) flying with PBs at parkrun and HM, so there should definitely be some faster splits in my benchmark page.

Having said all of that, I've only stumbled on the benchmarks feature today and am finding it fascinating!!
Mar 2016
5:12pm, 21 Mar 2016
530 posts
  •  
larkim
Aha, discovered it. Back in July 2013 the great and illustrious Lord Fetch introduced "speedmarks" into the logs when files were uploaded. If you look through your log and select "speedmarks" in the summary table you'll see them showing all the way back until mid way through July 2013. And at the time there was a thread discussing the new feature and doing some bug testing around it.

Presumably this was never retro-fitted against pre-existing runs, so the benchmarks tables can't pull out that data from before that time.

(As an aside, I watched some 80s youtube computing clip a few days ago and the female presenter I found quite attractive - I said "in an 80s sort of way" - to which a friend replied she was "retro-fit" - I think I'm going to be using that as a nice aphorism in future!)
Mar 2016
8:43pm, 22 Mar 2016
155 posts
  •  
Ulric
I am missing some for different reasons. Haven't checked them all yet but the last batch have gone into Bike GPS benchmarks. I change the activity type on upload and they all appear in my log as runs. My scintillating 7.00 mile rep the other day may as well not have happened :-(

This relates to uploaded sessions dated 16th-22nd March...
Dec 2016
9:24am, 7 Dec 2016
87,993 posts
  •  
GregP
There's three 'benchmark' wires so this may be the wrong one, sorry:

Can I see a buddy's benchmark numbers?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Here's a quick link to the benchmarks page

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/benchmark.php