Beginner-Friendly Club nr Glasgow

1 watcher
Mar 2013
1:38pm, 13 Mar 2013
2,904 posts
  •  
Duchess
A colleague has started running recently and enjoying it but is looking to find a club to train with near where she lives in Uddingston, Glasgow. She's not quite a beginner (so beyond the jogscotland starting point) but not quite "club" standard, if that makes sense. She tried Hamilton, who told her they were beginner-friendly, but then abandoned her on her second run when she was slower than the group. Any recommendations for other clubs in the area who are actively friendly?
Mar 2013
1:41pm, 13 Mar 2013
3,171 posts
  •  
Kimbles
Tell her to try Glasgow Running Network. They do sessions and group runs but not sure if they stretch out to Uddingston though. Worth a shot.
Mar 2013
1:54pm, 13 Mar 2013
1,513 posts
  •  
Cat the Dog
It might be worth contacting her local jogscotland club anyway, as many have intermediate and advanced groups not just beginners.

I run in an intermediate group which runs 4 - 5 miles at around 10 min / mile pace.
Mar 2013
4:34pm, 13 Mar 2013
1,863 posts
  •  
tubbyrunner
If it's Uddingston then there is a JS group in Strathclyde park that as CtD says have intermediate and advanced groups.

The Glasgow running network as far as I know only runs from Glasgow Life sports centres but I'm not sure if all centres have one or not.
Oct 2014
10:34pm, 27 Oct 2014
3 posts
  •  
Boro Wayne
South Glasgow road runners, not an official club more of a meet up of like minded people, as long as you can run for 45 mins non stop we never leave anyone behind no matter how slow, you can find joining details on the internet.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Duchess
A colleague has started running recently and enjoying it but is looking to find a club to train with...