Beachy Head Marathon

21 watchers
Aug 2020
10:52pm, 14 Aug 2020
3,290 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Tracey - I might be joining you on the deferred list.

I signed up as a walker so know that I am going to be out for hours - but the thought of me carrying around a change of clothes/shoes and finding somewhere dry to change before travelling home on the train isn’t doing it for me at the moment.

Last year I had to DNS after badly spraining my ankle two weeks before - so third time lucky🍀 has a bit of a ring to it at the moment.
Aug 2020
11:21pm, 14 Aug 2020
7,529 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Surely if I’m trying to overtake someone but am not permitted to as it’s a prohibited area I end up “breathing too closely” to them for a period of time when I could just go past them easily?
Aug 2020
12:04am, 15 Aug 2020
9,656 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
I’ve deferred. It looks as though they are doing the best they can to put on a sensible event but it’s not the one I entered, the one I’ve run before, which I’ve enjoyed so much. And I really don’t fancy the thought of having to get back to London afterwards if I’ve not been able to have a decent shower and change of clothes. I’ll see what the plans are for next year.
Aug 2020
9:35am, 15 Aug 2020
50,624 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Im doing it
The no overtaking: there are some stretches where you can’t overtake anyway, and about 23 miles where you can overtake easily. Plus with waves and lower numbers I reckon the course will be much less congested than usual. I’ll just have to carry lots more food if there are fewer aid stations with food. Hopefully the pub is open for a half before tackling the Seven Sisters!!
Aug 2020
9:36am, 15 Aug 2020
50,625 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
That said I need to up my mileage very soon!!!
Aug 2020
1:21pm, 15 Aug 2020
9,658 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
My lack of running recently was also a factor in my decision-making, I won't lie!
Aug 2020
6:19pm, 15 Aug 2020
18,744 posts
  •  
Serendippily
I think I will be walking fleecy so starting early but I should definitely see you en route xx
Aug 2020
7:47pm, 15 Aug 2020
6,049 posts
  •  
superflyguy
I'm in, think the numbers will be down but I'm trying to do ten in a row and this years will be number 7
Aug 2020
8:07pm, 15 Aug 2020
2,664 posts
  •  
Tracey G
Wobbling Plodder - maybe we can run/walk/crawl it together next year.

I’ve done Beachy 10 times, think I’m a bit mad 😂😂😂
Aug 2020
9:03pm, 18 Aug 2020
3,293 posts
  •  
Wombling Plodder (Welsh Womble)
Be great Tracey - especially as you are an expert #10BHM (hard core :-) )

Right I have made the decision and deferred - I am suffering from a very painful frozen shoulder which I doubt will recover in time for me to use a rack sack, plus the thought of carrying a change of clothes and food around fills me with dread.

So fingers crossed it will be 3rd time lucky for BHM.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello, delighted to find this website refereed by members of the RW forums. Great work that man Ian,...