Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Basic Triathlon questions from those who don't know

143 watchers
19 Sep
8:19pm, 19 Sep 2020
6854 posts
Northern Exile
Oops, I didn't read your post properly. Forget what I said about Ant+, the new generation of duotrap clearly has both protocols. That makes it much easier, sorry for any confusion. It will work with your watch and phone without problem.
19 Sep
8:20pm, 19 Sep 2020
6873 posts
Helegant
Given that my 735x talks to the phone which talks to Fetch so I'm assuming it will work, but as a beginner cyclist I'm not at all sure what informtion I might need or want and what to do with it when I've got it.
19 Sep
8:34pm, 19 Sep 2020
31127 posts
LazyDaisy
If you use this Helegant I'd be interested in your feedback please. I've nevercreally bothered about techie detsils - I'm just glad if I stay upright ;-) but maybe this would be a motivator to try and improve. Good luck with your cycling!
19 Sep
8:43pm, 19 Sep 2020
6855 posts
Northern Exile
H, bear in mind that Duotrap isn't going to give you much more than your 735xt does already. You'll get cadence of course and speed when using the bike on a static turbo. I like Duotrap, it's a neat installation. One of my bikes has its predecessor with an Ant+
19 Sep
8:44pm, 19 Sep 2020
6856 posts
Northern Exile
.... sensor in the front fork leg. Unique to Trek bikes of course.
19 Sep
10:23pm, 19 Sep 2020
6874 posts
Helegant
Thank you for answering the first of, what I suspect will be, a series of questions.

I haven't investigated the use of a static turbo yet - not even sure I know what one is or how to use it, so I'm on a steep learning curve. If i find myself using one in the winter I think it would be usseful to have some stats to show training effectiveness/improvement.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
Everybody welcome, questions answered, get entered for:

Dorney Supersprint Sunday 20th May Mates wave A

humanrace.co.uk