Barcelona Marathon

20 watchers
Mar 2019
1:55pm, 10 Mar 2019
468 posts
  •  
Trin
Fantastic time Dibble, well done!!

Sorry we didn't make it to the bar, we had a caña at a little bar in the last k of the course and on the way back to the hotel.

I'm just a little bit tired now 😉
Mar 2019
2:14pm, 10 Mar 2019
1,443 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
Huge well done Trin.

That's a monumental achievement in light of your difficult journey over the last few years.
Mar 2019
2:32pm, 10 Mar 2019
469 posts
  •  
Trin
Thanks FR 😊 I couldn't be happier, and I know there's more to come 😉
Mar 2019
3:02pm, 10 Mar 2019
40,824 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Many congratulations to Trin and to Dibble. Phenomenal performances! Would you recommend the race? I've never done an overseas running race and am quite tempted.
Mar 2019
3:13pm, 10 Mar 2019
470 posts
  •  
Trin
Yes Vrap, definitely recommend this one.
Paul and I are sure it's bigger than it was in 2013, but they seem to have coped well, the organisation is great.
Mar 2019
5:01pm, 10 Mar 2019
592 posts
  •  
Dibble
Thanks Vrap. This was my first overseas race and I would recommend it as its relatively flat, passes a lot of the tourist sights, lots of bands to help the atmosphere and is reasonably busy but not too busy.

Not quite sure what a caña is but hope you enjoyed it Trin. Sorry not to see you although i was looking out for you among the 3h45-4h00 runners. So pleased you got a good time.

I was pleased to get a Fetchie cheer from someone with about 1km to go, but the only Fetchie i saw on the course was Bosun Tony during the first 5km or so.

Great to meet up with Mr & Mrs Wardi at the bar and also Gogojojo during the breakfast run yesterday (she wasn't running today but had spent the last week working here).

Right a month to wait to see whether I have finally got my London GFA or will they change the rules to keep me out again!!
Mar 2019
5:21pm, 10 Mar 2019
471 posts
  •  
Trin
A caña is a small beer 😉 although sizes vary from third of a pint to a half pint depending on where you go.

I now have a GFA qualifying time for London too, when do applications close for 2020?
Mar 2019
5:30pm, 10 Mar 2019
593 posts
  •  
Dibble
They don't usually announce the requirements for GFA until after the previous race, so sometime in April. Then I think you have a few months to apply.
Mar 2019
6:40pm, 10 Mar 2019
67 posts
  •  
wardi
Likewise nice to share a drink and a matter with Mr & Mrs Dibble. Great time Dibble, I'm doing VLM as well this year, 7 weeks to get my old legs working properly again!
Really pleased for you Trin after all you've been through, comfortably under 4 hrs!
3.40 for me, slightly disappointed but my legs never felt in control unlike my last marathon. Pleased to salvage a GFA though and I still rate this as my equal favourite marathon along with Valencia.
Mar 2019
9:27pm, 10 Mar 2019
2,950 posts
  •  
Bob!
That was me Trin, also saw you in the first mile sneaking down the right hand side of the road.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I'm working out the year ahead of me, and assuming that I don't make VLM again, I fancy a foreign ...