Back pain while running - advice please.

2 watchers
Sep 2015
12:25pm, 6 Sep 2015
9,371 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
I have been struggling with back pain during races which starts small at about 15/20 miles and then gradually gets worse and worse till I'm in a lot of pain from about 25/30 miles onwards. I ran 60 miles yesterday, most of them in pain, and I even wore a back support for the last 8 miles, really just for a psychological boost - I don't think it actually helped any.

The only 'good' thing about the pain is that it overrides the pain in my legs!

This morning, everything hurts, except of course, you guessed it, my back! It feels absolutely fine.

I was wondering if this was indicative of any particular kind of back problem?

I have been having chiropractic treatment, and have been doing Pilates too to try to strengthen my core and back muscles, but I'm not sure it's helping.

Any ideas?
Sep 2015
2:14pm, 6 Sep 2015
10,939 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
you need to check out your kinetic chain for tightness....runners often believe they have some sort of sciatica or back problems and, more often than not, it is linked to tight hips etc.
Sep 2015
1:37pm, 7 Sep 2015
9,372 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Kinetic chain? Never heard of that before.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
I have been struggling with back pain during races which starts small at about 15/20 miles and then ...