•  
Gobi
I see the surgeon on the 10th of June :¬0
May 2014
12:43pm, 29 May 2014
136 posts
  •  
mister f
Any idea what they have planned for you?!

Fingers crossed!
May 2014
1:16pm, 29 May 2014
8,440 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Hello.

mister f that sounds horrible I hope you heal really soon.

Mine has improved a bit but it still hurts, have got nowhere in terms of useful appointments and got nowhere near riding my bike.
May 2014
2:06pm, 29 May 2014
213 posts
  •  
fraggle
mister f - I had something vey similar 5 years ago, and L4-L5 is held together with nuts and bolts :-)

Gobi - you're round my way, are you going to the Royal Berks?
May 2014
2:11pm, 29 May 2014
137 posts
  •  
mister f
So how have you got on since fraggle?

Just been for my X-ray and have got a cd to take home as souvenir!
GF.. I'm glad that thinks are a little easier for you, but I still can quite comprehend the delays at tour doctor surgery... Completely unacceptable I'd say and I would seriously look to move practise. And of course when you do move to a new one the first thing you do is see a doc for a new patient assessment?! Kill two birds with one stone! 😃
May 2014
2:15pm, 29 May 2014
54,103 posts
  •  
Gobi
Yes Fraggle , I shall not be driving
May 2014
2:21pm, 29 May 2014
5,483 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Ua
May 2014
2:30pm, 29 May 2014
4,595 posts
  •  
paul the builder
GF - so you've had a number of people who have had serious back problems read, think, respond. All said the same thing - get the appointment, get in the system. Forget about how bad it is *today*, compared to *yesterday*. Just get the appointment, and get things moving.

If you're not totally immobile, or in excruciating pain, then I don't think you can expect anything other than a non-urgent appointment, and a non-urgent referral for MRI scan etc. Just GET IN THE BLOODY SYSTEM.

You said on 16th (?) that the best you could get was an appointment for the end of the month. That's about now. Have you got one?

As for "I can't have weeks off the bike" - that's not up to you. You might, or might not, have to.

*removes head from brick wall*
May 2014
3:08pm, 29 May 2014
8,441 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Paul, I have had a docs appt yes. They told me that a few weeks was normal for back pain and they wouldn't do anything at this stage. I asked about scans and he told me there was no reason to do one yet.

I have already *had* weeks off the bike. Not really enjoying the experience, but it is what it is.
May 2014
3:53pm, 29 May 2014
214 posts
  •  
fraggle
Hi
mister f : it was a long road to fitness, but I'm there now :-) I suffered a bit from sciatica last year on my long rides, but came through it to do an Iron distance Triathlon in September \m/ so I am now both Iron and Titanium :-)

Gobi - if you get the choice of consultant see Mr McKenna, the man is a genius (and V modest with it!) he has a good sense of humour and understands the need for us to do training/races. i got an extra medal and sent it to him so he can show people there *is* life after back surgery :-)

and questions then fail me :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
I know, I haven't been around these parts recently really, but I return with a tale of woe. My firs...