Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Back pain

2 watchers
Sep 2011
7:03pm, 7 Sep 2011
968 posts
Lauchy
Better today, still there thought. Looking forward to Fridays massage
Apr 2014
9:31am, 9 Apr 2014
2724 posts
SusiesueH
I've revived this thread after doing a search to see whether any fellow fetchies had a similar problem to me. I've never had a back problem in my life, until 4 days ago. Since Saturday night, I've been waking in the early hours with a really sore back. It's the area above my waist but below my shoulder blades. Lying in bed is agony, as is turning over, and when I first get up I feel really stiff and sore and it hurts to bend or twist. Then about 3-4 hours after I get up and am walking around or sitting at work, it wears off. I've been googling to see if I can find any suggestions to make it go away and almost everything I've read suggests lying flat, which is the thing that makes it ache in the first place.

I suppose my questions are, should I be worried about it, will it go away on it's own, do you think I need to see a GP? Any thoughts?
Apr 2014
9:36am, 9 Apr 2014
8432 posts
colettedeann
sounds like u may have tweaked a muscle in your back or a muscle spasm susie - i tweaked muscle sitting and stairs and tying my shoe lace - took about a week to come right and was really sore to bend, turn or move in bed - hope it gets better soon
Apr 2014
9:38am, 9 Apr 2014
2725 posts
SusiesueH
thanks colette :) did yours ease off during the day too?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lauchy
Right, bit of an odd one.

Had a quick club run last night of just over 7 and half miles. When I f...

Close