Back in my shoes

1 watcher
Em
Apr 2016
9:47pm, 20 Apr 2016
402 posts
  •  
Em
Today I donned on my ever faithful Nike trainers and went for a run, it was only 2 miles but a start, the last time I ran was august 2013, since then ive had a scan on my spine and have a prolapsed disc which causes nerve pain in my leg, I also suffer from fatigue but today I had it in my mind that I was going to run, I then told people I was going to run so I had too, my dog Islay kept me company and im sure we will go out again soon
Apr 2016
9:49pm, 20 Apr 2016
38,201 posts
  •  
swittle
Congratulations on your run - 1st of many more! :)
Apr 2016
9:50pm, 20 Apr 2016
6,740 posts
  •  
becca7
Well done. Keep it up.
Apr 2016
9:53pm, 20 Apr 2016
775 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
That's brilliant Em. I hope that you feel encouraged by this start. You should be really proud of yourself :)
Em
Apr 2016
9:54pm, 20 Apr 2016
403 posts
  •  
Em
thank you, so much has changed since I used to run and life goes on and I have made a lot of decisions to improve my life, now to look for some 5k races!!
Apr 2016
11:21pm, 20 Apr 2016
567 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
Well done!

If you've been away from running for a while, and you're looking for 5k... parkrun? If you've not done one I would really recommend it.
Em
Apr 2016
8:25am, 21 Apr 2016
404 posts
  •  
Em
thank you , will look them up, think there is one in Southampton
Apr 2016
8:27am, 21 Apr 2016
27,246 posts
  •  
Old Croc
good luck on road back.

def look up local parkrun - every week so a great help on a recovery run

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Em
Today I donned on my ever faithful Nike trainers and went for a run, it was only 2 miles but a start...