Back ache

1 watcher
Oct 2014
3:59pm, 6 Oct 2014
31,068 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Provided you're otherwise feeling OK, weeing normally, and not squitting blood or vomiting, you can safely take up to 1g paracetamol 4 times a day and 400mg ibuprofen 3 times a day during a short ultra. The ideal-world advice would be "don't run if you need painkillers", but you've got a lot invested in doing this race and most of the time people get away with taking painkillers and racing.
Oct 2014
6:05pm, 7 Oct 2014
3,160 posts
  •  
Kittenheels Kath
Thanks everyone, it's much better today. I just can't bend forward, but my theory is that I don't need to bend forwards when running.

I've avoided sports massage in case anything gets aggravated by it, but admit it was tempting.

Really useful advice about the safe amounts of drugs to take, as well (I heart reading your advice V'rap). Now I just need to keep germ-free.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kittenheels Kath
I managed to pull a muscle in my lower back when stretching the other day (because stretching is goo...