B&B(s) on the Norfolk & Suffolk coast please

1 watcher
Aug 2016
10:07pm, 31 Aug 2016
4,643 posts
  •  
Winded
Next week I'm hoping to take a bike tour of a chunk of East Anglia, I've fancied it for a while and not got around to it. I'll start from home near the famous Cambridge guided busway and head up to Hunstanton on day 1 - about 80 miles. I may go on a bit further; perhaps I'll stay at Deepdale backpackers or maybe push on the Cromer for the first night.

Day 2 and I'll follow the coast in an East/clockwise kind of way - perhaps getting to Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft/Southwold or some such.

Day 3 and I'll cruise home following some Sustrans route - or just heading West until I recognise the scenery - I'll aim to sleep in my own bed.

So I have a possible place to stay on day 1 but no real ideas for day 2. I could camp I guess but I'll need to buy a tent and anyway I'd rather have a proper B&B or pub with rooms.

Any suggestions for B&B very welcome - ones with bike storage are best but not required as it's not a new bike and I'll have a lock etc. Deepdale is familiar and about 85 or 90 miles in but somewhere slightly further on might be better - Wells Next the Sea? Cromer? Apart from Deepdale backpackers I've never had to stay just for a night except for one place when I walked the coast path and I've forgotten where that was. muppet
Aug 2016
10:10pm, 31 Aug 2016
17,719 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
You could try AirBNB - it's been very good in our experience. And you get to nose at people's bookshelves.
Aug 2016
10:12pm, 31 Aug 2016
17,720 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Use my link, and I get 50p or summat if you book: airbnb.co.uk
Aug 2016
10:15pm, 31 Aug 2016
1,595 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
There are plenty of B&Bs in Southwold but are often full. If you want something in that area albeit a little cheaper, try Reydon which is only half-a-mile outside Southwold.
Aug 2016
10:38pm, 31 Aug 2016
4,646 posts
  •  
Winded
Thanks; I will play with the site; I see airnb have listings in Reydon :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Winded
Next week I'm hoping to take a bike tour of a chunk of East Anglia, I've fancied it for a while an...