We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

B&B(s) on the Norfolk & Suffolk coast please

1 watcher
Aug 2016
10:07pm, 31 Aug 2016
4643 posts
  •  
  •  
Winded
Next week I'm hoping to take a bike tour of a chunk of East Anglia, I've fancied it for a while and not got around to it. I'll start from home near the famous Cambridge guided busway and head up to Hunstanton on day 1 - about 80 miles. I may go on a bit further; perhaps I'll stay at Deepdale backpackers or maybe push on the Cromer for the first night.

Day 2 and I'll follow the coast in an East/clockwise kind of way - perhaps getting to Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft/Southwold or some such.

Day 3 and I'll cruise home following some Sustrans route - or just heading West until I recognise the scenery - I'll aim to sleep in my own bed.

So I have a possible place to stay on day 1 but no real ideas for day 2. I could camp I guess but I'll need to buy a tent and anyway I'd rather have a proper B&B or pub with rooms.

Any suggestions for B&B very welcome - ones with bike storage are best but not required as it's not a new bike and I'll have a lock etc. Deepdale is familiar and about 85 or 90 miles in but somewhere slightly further on might be better - Wells Next the Sea? Cromer? Apart from Deepdale backpackers I've never had to stay just for a night except for one place when I walked the coast path and I've forgotten where that was. muppet
Aug 2016
10:10pm, 31 Aug 2016
17719 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
You could try AirBNB - it's been very good in our experience. And you get to nose at people's bookshelves.
Aug 2016
10:12pm, 31 Aug 2016
17720 posts
  •  
  •  
fetcheveryone
Use my link, and I get 50p or summat if you book: airbnb.co.uk
Aug 2016
10:15pm, 31 Aug 2016
1595 posts
  •  
  •  
Surrey Phil
There are plenty of B&Bs in Southwold but are often full. If you want something in that area albeit a little cheaper, try Reydon which is only half-a-mile outside Southwold.
Aug 2016
10:38pm, 31 Aug 2016
4646 posts
  •  
  •  
Winded
Thanks; I will play with the site; I see airnb have listings in Reydon :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Winded
Next week I'm hoping to take a bike tour of a chunk of East Anglia, I've fancied it for a while an...

Fetch Limited Edition Buffs

Order now for immediate dispatch! Our elves are standing by!

The Fetch Book Store

With your help, we're building a collection of all your favourite running, biking, swimming and walking books.

Annual Training mileage

Take a look at our annual training mileage table to find out how your training volume compares for running, cycling, swimming and walking. Filter by age and gender too.

The Breakfast Club!

Where's your favourite place to refuel your face after a run, or midway through a ride? Add your favourite cafes, cake shops and bakeries to our Points Of Interest map