Auto Upload

1 watcher
Apr 2020
2:50pm, 30 Apr 2020
598 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Quick question... if someone has a basic Garmin that uploads in run only but they mostly cycle... Is there a way to change the auto upload settings to have their activity come through as a cycle rather than a run?

I literally have no idea how the magic of auto upload works, so apologies if I am asking a really stupid question! If it isn't already a feature on here, is it at least possible? If so I will put it on the suggestions list...
Apr 2020
3:12pm, 30 Apr 2020
7,540 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I believe the activity type is basically a field in the file an so it it not possible to change it when uploaded. All of the newish Garmin have cycling support on now. eg FR30 which can be found for around £70 g.eu.factoryoutletstore.com
Apr 2020
7,541 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
by the way, I havent bought from the link provided so I can vouch for them, it's just the first I found in the list.
Apr 2020
7,542 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
so I *can't* vouch
Apr 2020
3:30pm, 30 Apr 2020
599 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
Thank you! I thought that might be the case, that's an excellent find on a watch there... shame runningbuttons has just had his birthday!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by BarefootEm
Quick question... if someone has a basic Garmin that uploads in run only but they mostly cycle... Is...