Autism

88 watchers
5 Apr
8:49am, 5 Apr 2024
6,460 posts
  •  
jelly
Honestly, reading what you wrote Flatlander I wouldn’t go!

I would consider looking into attending something like autscape or The National Autistic Society does similar but more professional thing with speakers and I would think they would cater for autistic adults better. Just my thoughts on the matter!
10 Apr
11:52am, 10 Apr 2024
6,480 posts
  •  
jelly
I’m holding it all together but on the inside I’m howling and rocking! There’s just too much happening at the moment! Sorry I’m here talking in riddles (I’ve not had enough sleep in 2 days) my job is changing and I’ve got to take my motorbike in for a service and I’ve just found something that’s ripped me over the edge but not over the edge because I have to hold it together!
10 Apr
2:01pm, 10 Apr 2024
49,088 posts
  •  
DocM
If it helps to express it on here we are here to listen
10 Apr
2:32pm, 10 Apr 2024
41,076 posts
  •  
halfpint
Big deep breaths jelly. Here’s the place to offload.
11 Apr
6:55am, 11 Apr 2024
6,481 posts
  •  
jelly
I’ve also had sleep which helps, my husband finished early and came down to the bike place which was good and I also realised that it doesn’t matter how much my bike costs because I love that bike, I want to keep riding and improving and building my confidence!

Now there’s just what’s happening with work, but thanks sometimes just writing it all down does help!
11 Apr
8:17am, 11 Apr 2024
3,187 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Yes, writing it down does help. :-)
Glad you got some sleep.
17 Apr
12:51pm, 17 Apr 2024
3,203 posts
  •  
Flatlander
jelly Hope the things at work are settling down.
17 Apr
12:55pm, 17 Apr 2024
3,204 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I did go to that Autism Celebration day event at the school last Friday.

I didn't attend all the talks just a selected few, and those ones were quite interesting, especially the architect's one. If anyone is interested, I blogged about the talks, although it is possible that you already know about the topics.
17 Apr
1:37pm, 17 Apr 2024
6,503 posts
  •  
jelly
I’ll take a look later as I’m always interested in this type of thing! I follow a woman on Facebook called The Autism Coach! I get emails too. There’s a free workshop coming up in 30th April called The Autistic Identity which sounds really good, I’m thinking of signing up!

Work has settled a bit but there are big changes going on which had me on high alert! They are cutting our 4 on 4 off nightshift down to one team over 5 nights. There were only 6 spots on nights but after scoring I’ve got one! My new hours are 9:30-6:30pm so I gain a few hours in the evening! I’m working 3 nights as I’ve been part time (2 shifts) for almost 3 years! 3 nights will equate to what I was doing over 2 nights! It’s annoying because I like to go to dance class Tuesday nights and I’ve opted to work but if I really wanted I could go dancing and then straight to work! I just need to settle into the new routine first!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Does anyone know what's involved in the diagnosis process for autism? Is there a test, how does it ...