Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Autism

60 watchers
WA
18 Jul
9:17pm, 18 Jul 2020
7225 posts
WA
Rosehip, when SweetPea was referred, we were all keen for the diagnosis. By the time the assessment arrived, she was happy in her skin and didn't really care, but we went ahead because of the support she will be able to access if and when she needs it.
18 Jul
10:17pm, 18 Jul 2020
47603 posts
Velociraptor
At youngest's age it may well be worthwhile, Rosehip. It was certainly worthwhile for both Kevin and VP as regards educational provision.
19 Jul
6:41am, 19 Jul 2020
2961 posts
Little Miss Happy
V'rap - I knew you would know, it was probably a badly worded post. I don't like labelling people but unfortunately see in my work how much easier it makes getting appropriate support - which is still very difficult in some places.
19 Jul
10:37am, 19 Jul 2020
6749 posts
Jono.
Rosehip, I would fully support a diagnosis. it can only benefit your child & if you ever have to fight for anything you will need to diagnosis.
20 Jul
10:04pm, 20 Jul 2020
3686 posts
mr d
Agree with everone, an early diagnosis helped us immensely and helped our eldest 10 times more.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Dave
Does anyone know what's involved in the diagnosis process for autism? Is there a test, how does it ...

Close