Attracting volunteers

4 watchers
Jul 2013
7:38am, 31 Jul 2013
7,760 posts
  •  
Rach E
Just bear in mind that some people might not want to marshal the day before a marathon (too long on feet!), and others who don't run marathons every week might be in too much pain to stand for hours the following day - yet may feel "guilted" into helping!

I think the idea of encouraging people to bring a marshal is a good one. In my experience, the majority of people aren't influenced to help by freebees.
Jul 2013
7:56am, 31 Jul 2013
3,869 posts
  •  
Pestomum
I agree with Rach. What's the date? :-)
Jul 2013
8:15am, 31 Jul 2013
14,668 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I think the idea of bringng a marshal is possibly one of the things that the organisers of the Hull Marathon did well. Problem was, they didn't brief them properly.

Idea was 16th Nov, Pesto, but I reckon it's going to be a rush to get the paperwork in and get entries in for this year.

Leaking Boot's a bit of a cliché, Loz. Although to be fair the Seabank marathon does use that bloody Fisherman. "Vigilantes" and the owl motif come from the town's historic coat of arms ngw.nl

Maybe if I can stylise the boy with the boot a bit...?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I have a plan. I'm saying nowt about it yet because I'm waiting to cross i's and dot t's.

But...