At last! A podcast about running that's actually worth listening to!

38 watchers
Jan 2014
10:47pm, 16 Jan 2014
1,206 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
This week's MT is still in the queue on my player!
Jan 2014
10:56pm, 16 Jan 2014
20,488 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
This American Life.

Frequently has me thinking about pretty deep stuff that I don't think about that often.

As examples: one episode was on the unconditional live of parents for their children. Another followed a bunch of car salesmen as they tried desperately to meet their monthly sales target.

Some episodes are weaker than others but the strong episodes stop you in your tracks and stay with you for days.

Always the one i turn to after Kermode and Mayo.

I like In Our Time although some of the subjects I don't even bother with as I am too thick to follow them - generally the maths ones.

Marathon Talk I gave up on: too long, Tom talks too much and everything is always super-something. I just got bored. Tony was good though.

Seven day saturday when it's on.

Gave up on the News Quiz because of its simple-minded cynicism and leftie metropolitan snobbery. The only time anyone breaks ranks is when Matthew Paris is on and he dares to challenge the smug consensus. i love him for that even though he is a bit unhinged himself.
Jan 2014
12:18am, 17 Jan 2014
6,199 posts
  •  
Lumsdoni
I actually like Talk Utra because it is so unlike the running I know. Ilistened to 2 hours or so during the 2nd half of my marathon yesterday, and frankly listening to tales of some guy running 160 miles up and down a 3mile hill made my efforts round a flat lake (as opposed to the hilly ones!!) seem a lot easier and the time flew by.
Jan 2014
12:18am, 17 Jan 2014
6,200 posts
  •  
Lumsdoni
I actually like Talk Utra because it is so unlike the running I know. Ilistened to 2 hours or so during the 2nd half of my marathon yesterday, and frankly listening to tales of some guy running 160 miles up and down a 3mile hill made my efforts round a flat lake (as opposed to the hilly ones!!) seem a lot easier and the time flew by.
Jan 2014
8:45am, 17 Jan 2014
653 posts
  •  
Fitz
It would be good to have all these podcast recommendations in the thread header or on a linked article page, to save people having to plough through the thread. I don't know how to do either of those things, before anyone thinks I'm volunteering!
Feb 2014
3:18pm, 19 Feb 2014
18 posts
  •  
Aimless Alliterations
Runner Academy is quite good as is its offshoot Everyday Runner. Both hosted by the same bloke. A bit too American a lot of the time but quite good nevertheless.
Mar 2014
9:58pm, 24 Mar 2014
843 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
What happened to Running from the Reaper? Used to love listening to Nigel's ramblings interrupted - ooh there's a sheep- by himself.
Mar 2014
10:24pm, 24 Mar 2014
1,337 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Mick the slug... Any relation to Daz the slug? :-)
Mar 2014
10:49pm, 29 Mar 2014
844 posts
  •  
Mick the slug
There's another slug?
Mar 2014
7:02am, 30 Mar 2014
1,348 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Yes... Daz the slug :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by GordonG
new podcast about running, made with the help of lots of Fetchies. Go to runningandlife.co.uk to hear it.