At last! A podcast about running that's actually worth listening to!

38 watchers
Nov 2009
7:04pm, 4 Nov 2009
4,179 posts
  •  
GordonG
If you've ever listened to podcasts about running most of them are - shall we say - of limited interest. "Running and Life" is different. It's about how running affects our lives and how our lives are affected by running.

The first of my monthly (and free) podcasts is available now and it was made with the help of a number of Fetchies. So thanks to:

Collie
Siouxsie
Katypie
Santababy
Toddytike

Dougie.
Cabletow
Hanneke

....for their contributions.

Thanks also to McGoohan for his help and advice.

(double thanks to Santababy and Hanneke who had to record their bits twice due to 'technical issues' i.e. i mucked up the recordings!)

In the first podcast we'll be reminiscing about running with a comic legend, going around (and around and around) a running track and preparing to run at the top of the world:

-Around and back again - what it's like to run around a track non-stop for 24 hours?
-Running with Eddie - we speak to some of the Fetchies who ran with Eddie Izzard during his recent epic run around the UK, including rude Scottish words, being mistaken for the BNP, and the final, mad dash through London.
-Is running bad for you? We talk to a GP and running coach
-The A-Z of preparing for the Mt Everest Marathon. (OK, actually it's the A (altitude sickness) to Y (yak trains) but who's counting?)

To listen to the podcast click this link www.runningandlife.co.uk and click the grey button near the bottom left hand side of the page. The link should take you to the blog site for the podcast - any problems with this just let me know.

I'd be grateful for any feedback you have about this podcast. And if you listen to it and think "yeah it's OK, but it could be better if...." If what?? Tell me!!

But most importantly of all i'd like you (yes YOU!) to contribute to future podcasts. I'm always on the look out for interesting stories that are about running - directly or indirectly.

- Done a race and want to submit a review? Great!

- Are you someone that other runners come to for advice on any aspect of running? Share your knowledge!

- Doing an unusual race and want to publicise it? Tell the world!
- And i'd really like to lighten the mood by doing some (running related) funny stuff - if you've got a talent for making people laugh, now's your chance!

I'd love to have your contribution to the podcast - fmail me or email runningandlife@hotmail.co.uk. Even if you have a good idea but don't want to actually be on the podcast then i'd still love to hear from you. Further info on contributing to "Running and Life" can be found on the website runningandlife.co.uk

Next podcast due out at the start of December. If you know someone running a race in December and want to wish them good luck or happy birthday, drop me a line.

Quick listening tip: i've listened to this podcast through cheap headphones and better quality ones - you really can notice the difference in audio quality when you listen through better quality headphones/speakers.

Thanks all, hope you enjoy the podcast and please feel free to give me your feedback.
Nov 2009
7:07pm, 4 Nov 2009
54,509 posts
  •  
santababy
:)
Nov 2009
7:35pm, 4 Nov 2009
4,180 posts
  •  
GordonG
* little listening tip - i've just noticed that if you just click the play button the recording sometimes pauses as the download catches up with itself, if that makes sense.

two options:

1 - click play then click pause for about 20 seconds, it will continue to download then when you press play again it'll sound better.

2 - click download and listen to it later on your ipod/mp3
Nov 2009
7:37pm, 4 Nov 2009
54,512 posts
  •  
santababy
runningandlife.co.uk
Nov 2009
7:41pm, 4 Nov 2009
4,181 posts
  •  
GordonG
now why couldn't i do that properly?

thanks SB!
Nov 2009
7:42pm, 4 Nov 2009
54,513 posts
  •  
santababy
;)
Nov 2009
7:44pm, 4 Nov 2009
6,561 posts
  •  
hellen
oooohh look forward to listening to that on my marathons this weekend!
Nov 2009
7:49pm, 4 Nov 2009
6,562 posts
  •  
hellen
went on itunes, it comes up but when I click to download it says not currently available in UK store!!
Nov 2009
7:52pm, 4 Nov 2009
4,182 posts
  •  
GordonG
Hellen

you're right - it should be on iTunes but there seems to be a lag between being on my blog site and getting to iTunes.

for now, if you go to the link santababy was kind enough to add a few posts ago, click on the play button at the bottom of the page or download it to your PC.
Nov 2009
7:56pm, 4 Nov 2009
3,697 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Will check it out. Best put the access details in the thread header so people can get to it easily.

About This Thread

Maintained by GordonG
new podcast about running, made with the help of lots of Fetchies. Go to runningandlife.co.uk to hear it.