Assimilation by the Borg!

2 watchers
Oct 2014
4:19pm, 22 Oct 2014
15,068 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Afternoo-noo :-)

There's a new box on the training log - click the 'Glasses' view to see it.

As part of what I'm trying to do in this article:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/cms-65

you can now build a little graph, a bit like a graphic equaliser, that indicates the intensity you ran at.

I'm using an amended Borg RPE scale, which goes from 1 (very light exercise e.g. buttering toast), right up to 10 (escaping from house after toaster sets kitchen on fire).

You can click the little squares above each number to indicate the proportion of your run was done at that particular intensity. So for example, this morning we did a little three miler, just to keep our legs going (Fenland 10 this Sunday) - and we threw in some fartlek bits along the way. So I might make a big column around the "4", and then a weeny column above the 8, to represent the hard bits.

The goal of this is to give everybody, irrespective of whether they have jazzy equipment, a way to formally record the effort levels associated with that particular training entry. It also gets nicely around the fact that some of us log our intervals all in one lump, complete with recoveries, whilst others will input them as separate sessions.

It's only ever going to be an approximation, but it's an important one, because it's how *you* feel. And if plenty of folks start using it, then it'll generate *lots* of interesting data and corresponding graphs :-)
Oct 2014
4:37pm, 22 Oct 2014
19,723 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
So when does it start working?
Oct 2014
4:39pm, 22 Oct 2014
15,069 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
:-O
Oct 2014
4:40pm, 22 Oct 2014
4,028 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
Cycling too?
Oct 2014
4:41pm, 22 Oct 2014
15,070 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Anything you like.
Oct 2014
4:42pm, 22 Oct 2014
15,071 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Here's my long run, which I gave a sort of middlin' effort level to:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/t-10553655
Oct 2014
4:43pm, 22 Oct 2014
19,724 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
'twas a serious question
Windows 7
Chrome

Clicking the wee boxes does nowt!
Oct 2014
4:45pm, 22 Oct 2014
7,684 posts
  •  
Diogenes
pretty heart
Oct 2014
4:46pm, 22 Oct 2014
15,072 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Can you see a little sentence above the boxes that says:

"Grade this session by clicking the grey squares to build your own graph."

and can you take a look in the developer console, and see if there are any errors?
Oct 2014
4:48pm, 22 Oct 2014
19,725 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
Like the idea though
Most of my bike sessions have a variety of different efforts in them, and although other places already show 'time in zone', it would be good to have that here too

Actually - when the Transporter Beam from Connect is running - could that not be configured to pull across the Power (same as effort, eh!) figures and populate the graph automathematically.
:) bike

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Afternoo-noo :-)

There's a new box on the training log - click the 'Glasses' view to see it.