Asics Wilmslow Half Marathon

22 watchers
Mar 2013
7:26pm, 24 Mar 2013
5,854 posts
  •  
♣BelleVueRacer♣ of Beartown
One things for sure, that t shirt colour will never be forgotten. It's the first medium race tee to fit me for months so o think I'll wear it regularly
Mar 2013
8:13pm, 24 Mar 2013
1,255 posts
  •  
pato1967
All turned out ok in the end, the rugby pitches were even used for parking :-) while we were running I thought conditions were ok (apart from the wind in the last 3 miles) but bloody hell it was cold at the start and finish. The pink tshirt was "interesting" :-)
Mar 2013
12:50am, 25 Mar 2013
41 posts
  •  
The Pug
great event, thanx to the marshals, supporters and organisers, they really made my day. Got a sub 1:45 pb which is what i wanted, so am happy. Really had to fight for it towards the end tho', that wind was biting!

The t shirt was wack!
Mar 2013
10:36am, 27 Mar 2013
4,525 posts
  •  
sprouty76
Brilliant event again, nearly killed me but that's my own fault for not training and having 7 pints the night before. Seemed like a good idea at the time! Just about stayed on (an already-lowered) pace for the first half, then the wheels fell off.

What were they thinking with that shirt?

Good bumping into Jamie beforehand.
Mar 2013
7:37pm, 27 Mar 2013
6,470 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Yeah, sprouty - thanks for the quick chat, you calmed my pre-race nerves down a bit and let me vent ;) Sorry you had a bad day at the office, but at least you can wear a beautiful pink shirt to commemorate your day ;)

Perhaps they are designed to disguise those that suffer from chaffed nipplage?
Sep 2013
1:54pm, 20 Sep 2013
1,174 posts
  •  
Nelly
Entries are open at wilmslowhalfmarathon.org.uk for next years event on Sunday 23rd March 2014. Who's doing it?

It is only two weeks before the Manchester Marathon next year, so I am undecided.
Sep 2013
5:03pm, 20 Sep 2013
8,731 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Probably will be in. Still undecided for target Spring marathon, so perhaps Wilmslow puts the death knell to Manchester...
Sep 2013
5:31pm, 22 Sep 2013
296 posts
  •  
buzby123
I am going to do Wilmslow after a year off cos on holiday last year. Hopefully it will not be snowy AND probably assured the tshirt won't be bright pink? with a bit of luck anyway, surely not twice on the bounce. I have a place at London Marathon so not doing Manchester anyway, Wilmslow seems perfectly placed for either??? Oh just remembered, this comes just 2 weeks after Bolton Hill Marathon so maybe it will be a nice pootle instead of a guts out run. Would so love to break the 1:48 mark but will have to see.
Feb 2014
10:31am, 19 Feb 2014
1,439 posts
  •  
Nelly
I decided not to enter this years race due to the proximity to the Greater Manchester marathon (my spring target race), but now I'm thinking a catered MP effort might not be a bad idea.

I know that the organisers allowed official number transfers last year, but I can't find anything on the website this year. Does anybody know if they're allowing them this year? RunningBob?

Presuming they do, does anyone have an unwanted/spare place for this years race?
Ice
Mar 2014
7:05pm, 3 Mar 2014
9 posts
  •  
Ice
I have a spare place up for grabs due to injury if you are still interested? Just need to email them your details and that's it sorted. Your number will have my first name on it but you can always cover that over ?

About This Thread

Maintained by