Asics shoes

2 watchers
Sep 2015
6:30pm, 7 Sep 2015
1,031 posts
  •  
Dirk
All,

I have been running with Asics 1000 series for years and when I came to replace my shoes this time round, found that they had moved onto the 2000 series. I have bought a pair of the 2000's and am finding them very different to the 1170's that I had although I am told that are meant to be the natural evolution. I am getting calf aches and foot aches after 2-3 miles so have been using them very sparingly at the moment and reverting back to 1170s in between. Has anyone moved from the 1170s to 2000s and did they find similar problems? Am not sure whether to persevere with these ones or try something completely different. Just feels like throwing money away though if I give them up!!

Would be interested to know your experiences.... Ta! :-)
Sep 2015
7:01pm, 7 Sep 2015
174 posts
  •  
Darting
I have recently brought Asics 2000GT and within three weeks went down with PF.... Coincidence?
Sep 2015
7:05pm, 7 Sep 2015
112 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
I've been wearing the Gel 11xx series for quite a few years. When they stopped producing the 1170s I switched to the GT1000s (which I thought was the recommended progression). They feel pretty similar to me and I've not had any problems. I've not tried the 2000s, but I think they're supposed to be similar to the 1000s with a bit more cushioning (and a higher price tag). It might be worth trying a pair of GT1000s, to see if they feel better.
Sep 2015
11:10am, 8 Sep 2015
1,032 posts
  •  
Dirk
Well no injuries from GT2000 yet but I do have found that when wearing these trainers, calves go ridiculously tight and getting pain and burning sensation in my feet!!!!

I think reading your post Silent Runner that I may have bought the wrong shoe!! - should have been GT1000 - which is an expensive mistake :-( Will contact the seller and see if I can do a swap otherwise will just have to shell out for another pair..... :-( :-(
Sep 2015
10:16pm, 8 Sep 2015
113 posts
  •  
Silent Runner
If your 2000s still look more or less "as new" then it's worth trying to get a refund / exchange... I know some running shops will do that, not sure if it's the same with online retailers. Hope you have better luck with the 1000s :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dirk
All,

I have been running with Asics 1000 series for years and when I came to replace my shoes thi...