Ascics clothing - any female fetchies with experience of their sizes?

3 watchers
Jun 2017
10:17am, 23 Jun 2017
7,050 posts
  •  
KatieB
I'm going 5th July btw, didn't want to combine uniform pick up with first shift, and also I quite fancy a mooch round Westfield. :-)

Pretty sad but I'm quite excited that we get socks. :-O
Jun 2017
11:41am, 23 Jun 2017
1,903 posts
  •  
westmoors
I don't think I can justify the expense of another trip to the smoke to collect my accreditation and uniform. Westfield has no appeal as I hate shopping
Jun 2017
11:57am, 23 Jun 2017
7,051 posts
  •  
KatieB
Yep, I think lots of people feel like that.
Jun 2017
12:12pm, 23 Jun 2017
1,935 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
I tried a jacket and found I was the same size as in the top.

Luckily I'm going as a spectator before my first shift so I'm getting my uniform that day.
Jul 2017
2:24pm, 4 Jul 2017
7,055 posts
  •  
KatieB
Going tomorrow. I had an email last night to say I would get part of my uniform tomorrow, the rest delivered to my first shift...
Jul 2017
1:17pm, 5 Jul 2017
7,056 posts
  •  
KatieB
Reporting from UDAC: it's boiling. Like oven.
Jul 2017
2:57pm, 5 Jul 2017
7,057 posts
  •  
KatieB
Uniform report so far:

The socks are quite thick and the shoes are not that generous. I went for size 5 and am a size 3-4 in normal shoes, always get size 5 asics to run in. These feel tighter than my size 5 cumulus but I think they'll give a bit and as I say the socks are quite thick. I went for small t shirt which is not fitted but I think will be good for working in. I'm an 8-10 usually.

The shoes are turquoise. Very nice.

One lady was trying to change her shoes to a bigger size but they wouldn't let her.

I was in and out in 15 mins, including having photo, getting accreditation and Oyster card. :-) very efficient.
Jul 2017
7:10am, 12 Jul 2017
1,908 posts
  •  
westmoors
Thanks Katie.

I'm unsure about shoe size now! I wear size 5 in normal shoes, but my runners are all 6.5. I've currently put down size 6 but with what you say I'm wondering if I'd be better with a 7, although that sounds huge to me!
Jul 2017
3:58pm, 12 Jul 2017
7,058 posts
  •  
KatieB
Lots of people moaning about shoes being too small and UDAC won't change.

I got the rest of my uniform today, jogging bottoms have cuffs at the bottom and I wouldn't want them any smaller (went for small and am 8-10). Hoodie is candy pink but small is a good fit (slightly big as hoodies should be). Rain jacket is v nice feeling. Haven't put it on yet. Shorts are good, size S, have rolled them at the top, comfy. I think most people will live in shorts.

I will post a pic of me with my classmate from Physio school. :-)
Jul 2017
6:09pm, 12 Jul 2017
1,909 posts
  •  
westmoors
aargh....just logged in to the portal to increase my shoe size and it won't let me. I can change my emergency contact details and dietary requirements but not my clothing sizes. I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed size 6 shoes are OK.

Look forward to the pic.

About This Thread

Maintained by westmoors
I have been fortunate to be selected as a runner (volunteer) for the IAAF World Athletics Championsh...