Ascics clothing - any female fetchies with experience of their sizes?

3 watchers
Jun 2017
12:34pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,896 posts
  •  
westmoors
I have been fortunate to be selected as a runner (volunteer) for the IAAF World Athletics Championship. The uniforms are being supplied by Asics. I have never worn any Ascics clothing and have been unable to find a local shop stocking Asics so can't try any on. I have looked at the Ascics website size chart and am confused. My chest size fits in the M range, my waist is on the cusp of L and XL, and my hips are L. I need to give sizes for t-shirt, jacket and trousers. I am happy to have a snug fitting t-shirt, but would like my shorts, trousers, hoody and jacket to be a comfy fit. Does anyone know how generous (or not) their sizes are? For most other brands I tend to be M.
Jun 2017
1:19pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,929 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Are you in the unofficial Runner's Facebook group? Lots of people (including me) trying stuff on and reporting back.
Jun 2017
1:22pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,930 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
This is the group if you haven't come across it

facebook.com
Jun 2017
2:07pm, 22 Jun 2017
10,732 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Hi WM - I was given some Asics gear last year - I asked for my usual sizes - so M (12) top and S (10) capris - they were much in line with other makes I've had. The M shirt is not snug on me but I wouldn't say they were over generous (I have quite broad shoulders so S shirts don't tend to fit too well for that reason.
Jun 2017
3:10pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,897 posts
  •  
westmoors
Yes FDNB I am on the FB group. However, thought I would also ask here as I feel I know the peeps here whereas those on FB are strangers!

Thanks AL.
Jun 2017
4:08pm, 22 Jun 2017
7,049 posts
  •  
KatieB
When are you picking up, westmoors? I'm going on the 5th and actually got a measuring tape out to try and work out which size.

Must check out the Facebook group.
Jun 2017
5:39pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,899 posts
  •  
westmoors
I'll be picking up just before my first shift on 5th August.
Jun 2017
5:42pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,932 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
When I tried stuff on I found that I was the size I should be according to the size chart. I probably could squeeze into a smaller size top if I wanted a particularly fitted look (I don't) or a size bigger if I wanted the top baggy.

I did come out as XXL (!) for waist according the chart and XL for hips, the shop only went up to XL for the jogging bottoms and that fitted me fine, with room to spare as it was a drawstring waist.

The XL top was a good match for my Nike top in L, if that helps.
Jun 2017
5:46pm, 22 Jun 2017
1,933 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
P.S I'm the person with green top in the changing room photos, so everyone knows my measurements now!
Jun 2017
8:19am, 23 Jun 2017
1,902 posts
  •  
westmoors
Thanks FDNB. Did you get to try any hoodies or jackets?

About This Thread

Maintained by westmoors
I have been fortunate to be selected as a runner (volunteer) for the IAAF World Athletics Championsh...