Ascent in training log

4 watchers
Jul 2012
9:23pm, 26 Jul 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
Hube
I have started to use the training log and as a fell runner I am keen on ascent as well as distance. I enter my runs including the ascent but I can't then see the ascent when I look at my log. Would like to compare weekly ascents etc. any ideas if this can be done?
Jul 2012
9:27pm, 26 Jul 2012
13,501 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
One of the graphs on the left of the train page/tab has this.
You may need to turn that particular graph on.
Jul 2012
9:29pm, 26 Jul 2012
4,043 posts
  •  
becca7
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-controlpanel.php Move it up the list on here if it is not showing already.
TT
Jul 2012
12:33pm, 29 Jul 2012
695 posts
  •  
TT
Welcome to Fetch Hube! I am with you on this. I like the new graph on the training page but would find a tab on the log page really useful. Would be really cool if the function where you can compare the garmin details of runs had something about ascent as well as speed.
Aug 2012
9:38pm, 2 Aug 2012
2 posts
  •  
Hube
Thanks for the help with the graphs. Also would like to see ascent when I go into My Log. This list each run but doesn't show the ascent, is there anyway?

Cheers
Aug 2013
4:52pm, 6 Aug 2013
327 posts
  •  
Revbarbarag
Resurrecting an old thread....

I can only assume that Hube's plea was heard, because there has been an ascent and descent field on the training log for as long as I've been on fetch. But here's the thing - when you first load a run, they are both zero. And they seem to remain zero until you go in and look at your run (using the spectacles icon) - then, when you return to the training log, the values magically appear.

I pretty much always edit my runs as soon as I load them (from Garmin) - so editing obviously doesn't do the trick. I used to always obsessively inspect a run as soon as I had loaded it, so presumably the data was getting written in then. Having become slightly less obsessive, I now don't always insect them straight away, hence have quite a few runs with zero ascent/descent.

Anyone else noticed this?
Aug 2013
5:00pm, 6 Aug 2013
13,303 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
"Ascent/descent from the watch is discarded, as it's notoriously inaccurate (I've run along enough canal paths to testify to that). As soon as the Fetch server gets hold of your route, it trots off to a third party service to get more accurate info. If you refresh the page showing your route, it should have had enough time to get the data back."
Aug 2013
5:06pm, 6 Aug 2013
328 posts
  •  
Revbarbarag
Ta
Aug 2014
2:06pm, 3 Aug 2014
42 posts
  •  
nuttyficket
I manually enter ascent and descent, but then it disappears somewhere into the electronic ether - doesn't appear on graphs, or logs, or by clicking the spectacles. Does it only work if you do a full GPX upload?
Aug 2014
2:16pm, 3 Aug 2014
43 posts
  •  
nuttyficket
Well, it definitely works if you do a full GPX upload. Any chance the simple 'type a number in a box' method can be made to work too? :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Hube
I have started to use the training log and as a fell runner I am keen on ascent as well as distance....