Ascent, doesn’t work?

6 watchers
Feb 2022
2:03pm, 2 Feb 2022
917 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
It has been a little wonky for sure, but fetch made som changes a while a go and now nothing seems to be right?

Today I went for a trail run with some hills, I got 1m here, Garmin says 354m.
Same last few runs.
I have changed watch though, don’t know if it’s something to do with that.

I know that the ascent on GC is not the truth either, but it’s always consistent though. With my new watch to.

Anyone else having problems?

And, it would be nice to be able to let the ascent used on this site be the one from the fit-file.
Feb 2022
2:28pm, 2 Feb 2022
27,127 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've replied to your feedback.
Feb 2022
3:10pm, 2 Feb 2022
41,276 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Bowman, hi, as per my comment on your feature comment (meta-comments!) my Garmin VA4 and 3 were pretty good, previous Garmins (GPS only, no altimeter) notoriously lousy.

The VA3 altimeter (barometric) went pouf twice though and I had to get replacements.

I think FE now imports whatever your watch reports, not the map corrected elevation?

Do you know if what you are looking at on Garmin Connect is the "map corrected elevation"? :-) G
Feb 2022
3:21pm, 2 Feb 2022
919 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Thanks Fetch.

Happy, yes but that´s not the issue, it has been no issues on GC, only how it is interpreted here, and since a while now it has gone really bonkers.

Its very consistent on the watch, and on GC, i check it from time to time, and its spot on and the same on loads of activitys.
No i have not the gps height or map corrected, i have altitude meter corrected by DEM at an activitys start. So if im not completly wrong, thats with the altitude meter during the run, with adjustments from DEM here and there to calibrate the altitude meter.

I know that its not exactly accurate, that´s fine, Ascent meter is hard to measure, i know that. its the difference between here, and other sites.

And when i get 1m here and 500m on the watch (closer to the truth) then it hurts my head :)
But, when i check the elevation graph now on the activity, its more correct, so the "1m" is gone?

Sorry fetch that have been hunting you everywhere for this.
Feb 2022
3:36pm, 2 Feb 2022
41,279 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Right ho, so presumably it's something specific to you and your watch with FE? Sounds like fetch is looking into it for you via your feedback. Hope you get it sorted. :-) G
Feb 2022
3:58pm, 2 Feb 2022
920 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Yea maybe, but still, it’s with different watches to.
Well it seems kinda sorted.
Feb 2022
7:32pm, 2 Feb 2022
30 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH
I have the same problem on importing FIT files from a Coros watch. It doesn't bother me as I look at that statistic on my watch feedback instead but thought I'd add it to the thread.
Feb 2022
7:35pm, 2 Feb 2022
31 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH
Ups - look before you speak - today's imported file actually shows the ascent now. Sorry!
Feb 2022
9:31am, 3 Feb 2022
41,287 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's good news Hazelnut! :-) G
Feb 2022
9:34am, 3 Feb 2022
924 posts
  •  
Bowman 🇸🇪
Maybe that was what fetch changed, that, if you have an ascent number in the fit file, it will show up instead of fetch.com calculation?

About This Thread

Maintained by Bowman 🇸🇪
It has been a little wonky for sure, but fetch made som changes a while a go and now nothing seems to be right?

Today I went for a trail run with some hills, I got 1m here, Garmin says 354m.
Same last few runs.
I have changed watch though, don’t know if it’s something to do with that.

I know that the ascent on GC is not the truth either, but it’s always consistent though. With my new watch to.

Anyone else having problems?

And, it would be nice to be able to let the ascent use...