Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Arthritis on toes

8 watchers
Feb 2016
12:09pm, 9 Feb 2016
2596 posts
Red Ant
I had to see the podiatrist recently and mentioned about the pain in my MTPJs (the toe joint that is being discussed) who said I also had arthritis in them. Interestingly though she said that my tight calf muscles are exacerbating the condition (it's to do with the three rocker phase or something) so she has advised me to do LOTS of stretches. Hopefully this might help everyone else too as it's not nice at all! All the best to everyone :)
Aug 2016
10:21pm, 7 Aug 2016
16260 posts
Lip Gloss
Just seen this and was hoping for answers, seems I have the same in my big toe joint and seems to be more constant than ever before.
Gus
Aug 2016
4:09pm, 8 Aug 2016
1440 posts
Gus
My right big toe joint gives me gyp from time to time, especially during cold spells. GP sent me for an X-ray and reported that it is just "normal wear and tear" . Now the left one is beginning to join in. Not looking forward to this winter.
Aug 2016
4:25pm, 8 Aug 2016
11467 posts
Ultracat
I have a fairly stiff left big toe, most of the time it doesn't hurt, just affects how I push off when running. I massage both feet using a spikey ball and mobilise my toes, not as often as I should, seems to help.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lip Gloss
Just been a longish (well for me) and have a heat pad on my back and my calf guards on (trying my be...