Arthralgia - ouch !!!

1 watcher
Oct 2014
7:31am, 17 Oct 2014
5,947 posts
  •  
lammo
Well how very frustrating, just as I was into the swing of regular exercise again, i'd been in the gym or running 3 or 4 time s a week for 3 months, and i get some very uncomfortable joint pain.

After it not going for a couple of weeks i went to the doc's, and he confirmed it as Arthralgia.

en.wikipedia.org

Basically, on one of the first mornings i had it, i could barely walk, my heels were agony, ankles, knees and hips were very sore, i hobbled to the bathroom, gave up and came back to bed.

I have been given four weeks worth of prescription anti-inflammatories which do help, but my ankles and now wrists are still quite painful, especially first thing in the mornings.

So i'm two weeks through the medication and its a bit better i suppose, but it will need to improve rapidly if its to be gone within four weeks.

Really frustrated, anybody any experience of this?
Oct 2014
7:42am, 17 Oct 2014
1,422 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
It says it's a non inflammatory condition so why has he given you anti inflammatories?
Oct 2014
7:51am, 17 Oct 2014
18,116 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Arthralgia is Latin for painful joint(s). It's a symptom, not a diagnosis. Have you had any bloods done?
There's a multitude of possible reasons why it started, commonest being a reactive polyarthropathy following a viral infection. How long have you had symptoms for and had you been ill beforehand?
Oct 2014
7:59am, 17 Oct 2014
5,948 posts
  •  
lammo
Hi HB, i did have a bit of cold and felt a bit crappy for a few days, but other than that not really ill at all.

Possibly run down, lots of working and travelling for work.

I've had the symptoms for four weeks now.
Oct 2014
8:53am, 17 Oct 2014
18,118 posts
  •  
HellsBells
I'd suggest going back and asking for bloods, a reactive arthropathy is usually improving after a couple of weeks of anti inflammatories
Oct 2014
9:04am, 17 Oct 2014
5,949 posts
  •  
lammo
Sorry, he did take a blood sample, and said no news is good news, and i've not heard anything.

But i will make an appointment at the docs again for next week

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by lammo
Well how very frustrating, just as I was into the swing of regular exercise again, i'd been in the ...