BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Are you doping? Do you know someone who is?

6 watchers
Mar 2017
8:04am, 21 Mar 2017
1831 posts
Fellrunning
My eldest daughter, who was an elite standard racewalker, once entered a local (running) 10k in Sheffield and walked it. After she finished an irate bloke in a running vest came up and berated her - saying she only "Beat him" because she cheated.

"Say what?"

"You weren't walking you were running"

"Erm........."
Mar 2017
8:21am, 21 Mar 2017
135 posts
Grast_girl
Not sure if codeine is on the list, but I would imagine a fair few take that on and off for various ailments, rather than performance enhancement, although I have heard a few say to take it for the constipation side effects before a race.

I imagine there's a fair few who also take recreational drugs that could be seen as performance enhancing.
Mar 2017
3:19pm, 21 Mar 2017
6036 posts
Too Much Water
I know someone who did a half marathon in under 2 hours having taken a gram of MDMA the night before
Mar 2017
8:24pm, 21 Mar 2017
10251 posts
richmac
Take a look to see if what your taking is on the list, it's not difficult to find out.

wada-ama.org

One of the mantras of anti doping is it's 100% me" that also means the responsibility is 100% you

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
m.bbc.co.uk

Currently on the BBC breakfast news schedule is the story about...

Close