Are you doping? Do you know someone who is?

7 watchers
Mar 2017
8:04am, 21 Mar 2017
1,831 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
My eldest daughter, who was an elite standard racewalker, once entered a local (running) 10k in Sheffield and walked it. After she finished an irate bloke in a running vest came up and berated her - saying she only "Beat him" because she cheated.

"Say what?"

"You weren't walking you were running"

"Erm........."
Mar 2017
8:21am, 21 Mar 2017
135 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
Not sure if codeine is on the list, but I would imagine a fair few take that on and off for various ailments, rather than performance enhancement, although I have heard a few say to take it for the constipation side effects before a race.

I imagine there's a fair few who also take recreational drugs that could be seen as performance enhancing.
Mar 2017
3:19pm, 21 Mar 2017
6,036 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
I know someone who did a half marathon in under 2 hours having taken a gram of MDMA the night before
Mar 2017
8:24pm, 21 Mar 2017
10,251 posts
  •  
richmac
Take a look to see if what your taking is on the list, it's not difficult to find out.

wada-ama.org

One of the mantras of anti doping is it's 100% me" that also means the responsibility is 100% you

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
m.bbc.co.uk

Currently on the BBC breakfast news schedule is the story about...