•  
Binks
globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.ca
May 2013
12:24pm, 8 May 2013
4,368 posts
  •  
Spally
Depends on what it is, not necessarily with shoes, but I have looked at something in a store and then bought it online.

*hangs head in shame*
May 2013
12:46pm, 8 May 2013
948 posts
  •  
jog-on
Id feel way to guilty to do that! I prefer to support my local running shop and have had gait analysis and fitting done there and bought my shoes. They are great people :) BUT......and its a big but, its hard financially to pay full amount from the shop so the last two times I have bought online the same shoes for less money. I dont think this is quite the same thing but I do feel bad that I cant afford to support my local shop. :(
May 2013
12:54pm, 8 May 2013
35 posts
  •  
Rob W
I am the same, if I've had my gait analysed and received a service I would buy a pair of shoes at the time but then purchase the same make online when I have to replace them. I always try to support local shops but unfortunately just cannot justify it when it can cost twice as much!
May 2013
1:07pm, 8 May 2013
5,901 posts
  •  
Binks
Last time I had a shoe fitting some chump told me to wear a particular model and it was rubbish.

I have had much better success just guessing on the internet.
May 2013
1:24pm, 8 May 2013
5,448 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I tend to stick to one or two brands and buy sometimes local and sometimes on the net. I bet I've bought 2/3 of my shoes in the last couple of years without more than a cursory try-on
May 2013
1:32pm, 8 May 2013
69,003 posts
  •  
santababy
i've never went into a running shop with that thought but i have bought a pair of same ones online maybe a year later (my shoes last ages) i dont stick to same shoe all time though so i still go into running shop.
May 2013
1:37pm, 8 May 2013
25,239 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Nope, I don't do that. I've bought stuff cheaper on the internet rather than going to a shop, but haven't gone to a shop to try stuff on and then gone and bought it on the internet instead.

Mainly because I'm a pathetic liar and everyone in the shop would know what I was going to do and would point and scowl at me.
May 2013
3:24pm, 8 May 2013
3,328 posts
  •  
Tav H
I just take a chance on t'internet. I haven't made many mistakes, even when I have they make good gardening shoes.
May 2013
3:27pm, 8 May 2013
3,750 posts
  •  
Jambomo
I have to admit I have had better experience buying shoes over the Internet than I have going to shops. Twice I got my gait/running analysed and came away with shoes that were not suitable (I got PF wearing a pair) since then I went to El bee, asked his advice and have had many pairs now of cracking shoes that do the job well. I hope we can still ask El bee even if we can't buy from him anymore.? Would he mind v'rap?

About This Thread

Maintained by Binks