northernslowcoach
Got a medal today :)

And beer and chocolate - very happy
Feb 2017
1:47pm, 25 Feb 2017
1,868 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I don't mind a smaller, cheaper medal for a 10k but marathon medals must be decent. Goody bags seem to be few and far between nowadays which often get raided by the family before I get home. I do like a finishers t-shirt or technical shirt as well but I don't expect to get one for every race I do.
SPR
Feb 2017
1:58pm, 25 Feb 2017
23,557 posts
  •  
SPR
I thought this was I new thread but seems I posted when it was first started. My opinion hasn't changed :-).
Feb 2017
2:03pm, 25 Feb 2017
11,513 posts
  •  
Fenland (Fenners) Runner
I love a nice medal. And a technical t-shirt is another plus. And I've never thrown away a race number either.

However I've never entered a race because of the medal or other goodies.

Personally I detest goodie bags full of chocolate crisps etc.
Feb 2017
3:12pm, 28 Feb 2017
7 posts
  •  
TrickyRed
Can't beat a good race medal. I've also just started to keep race numbers... whats happening to me ? :)
Jun 2017
11:11am, 6 Jun 2017
4,045 posts
  •  
runningmumof3boys
ive kept every race number that ive ever had and medal(i charity shop tee shirts though) as well as logging times on here though i write my finish time on the back of the number and what it was if its not obvious from the front - i love a medal
Jun 2017
12:14pm, 6 Jun 2017
17,712 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Sometimes the event is so good it's worth keeping the number, and you get TWO medals:

And sometimes the number is worth framing:

Jun 2017
12:23pm, 6 Jun 2017
526 posts
  •  
Dibble
I have completed races that for me have been a key target race or a big achievement and have been disappointed by the absence of a medal. On the other hand, I have completed other races with medals where I haven't bothered to collect one (particularly race series where the medal is identical to one I have already got).

Of course, what is a key race for me may be a routine race for others and vice versa.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GimmeMedals
When I started racing in 2010, most races gave a cotton tshirt to the finishers, especially 10ks. 10...