Are exercise bikes allowed??

2 watchers
Jun 2022
12:26pm, 9 Jun 2022
4 posts
  •  
Clarek34
I used to be a runner but after after injury decided to buy exercise bike. Couldn't buy a normal bike as live in small flat and no storage whatsoever. Can I still record my mileage even though feel a fake 🙁
Jun 2022
12:27pm, 9 Jun 2022
9,359 posts
  •  
becca7
Don't feel like a fake. Well done for keeping the exercise going with this and of course keep track of your mileage.
Jun 2022
12:34pm, 9 Jun 2022
2,366 posts
  •  
Mushroom
Fetch is nothing if not inclusive :-)

Did you know - you can adjust your settings to show different types of category for bikes - including several that don't see the light of day. A quick look shows that there are least the following:

Exercise Bike
Elliptical
Hand pedal
Watt Bike
Spinning
Jun 2022
12:35pm, 9 Jun 2022
2,367 posts
  •  
Mushroom
[ ok - hand pedal may be outside - I was thinking the ones in the gym .. ! ]

But there's also: Zwift & Turbo Trainer
Jun 2022
12:40pm, 9 Jun 2022
9,938 posts
  •  
sallykate
Definitely! When I used to do spin classes I made a note of the distance and recorded it here.
Jun 2022
1:06pm, 9 Jun 2022
1,608 posts
  •  
Muttley
I use a rowing machine and record it here. I don't row in a boat on the water!
Jun 2022
1:12pm, 9 Jun 2022
130 posts
  •  
smoke free
I'm all over the exercise bike too. Injuries suck don't they 🙁 good for you finding ways to keep fit while you're injured 👏 log everything, I do, even walking the dog, it helps keep me positive seeing activity on my log.
Jun 2022
1:22pm, 9 Jun 2022
28,993 posts
  •  
HellsBells
And just remember that your training log is exactly that - yours. You record in it exactly whatever you want, there are no rules
Jun 2022
5:10pm, 9 Jun 2022
9,480 posts
  •  
simbil
Another thing you could consider is to look at your training in a time focused manner and have time targets rather than mileage targets.

Time at a particular effort translates across all kinds of activities, be it running, indoor cycling, walking, swimming, weights etc. whereas the mileage wouldn't really tell you much about those different kinds of training.
Jun 2022
8:38am, 10 Jun 2022
42,593 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Clarek, welcome. There are some total non-running, non-biking centres in Fetch.

Look at Nellers and his mega-rowing!

We have a generic thread for "not just running" where we track total training time of... well, anything really! Come join in there?

fetcheveryone.com/forum/tracking-total-training-time-60969/

Best, :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by Clarek34
I used to be a runner but after after injury decided to buy exercise bike. Couldn't buy a normal bike as live in small flat and no storage whatsoever. Can I still record my mileage even though feel a fake 🙁