Are exercise bikes allowed??

2 watchers
Jun 2022
11:24am, 10 Jun 2022
39,525 posts
  •  
Nellers
My rowing has been a bit less "mega" recently HG, but thank you.

I do a lot of my "bike miles" on an exercise bike too Clarek. Personally I don't trust the distance it shows me having done but I know roughly how fast I go when I do get out in the real world and I do a straight conversion by time (1km =2:30 of pedalling).

I know it's not going to be 100% accurate but, as HB says above, it's my log and this is how I've chosen to record it for comparison.

It would be equally valid if I did take the bike's own distance reading though, in the same way that a treadmill run is rarely exactly what the equivalent road run would be by distance. Use whatever works for you.

Also it lets me particiapate in the distance challenge that you might wantto join in with: fetcheveryone.com/fetchvirtualchallenge.php?category=B

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Clarek34
I used to be a runner but after after injury decided to buy exercise bike. Couldn't buy a normal bike as live in small flat and no storage whatsoever. Can I still record my mileage even though feel a fake 🙁