BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Anyone used RWs Smart Coach?
6:54pm, 21 Aug 2017
NessHiya. Just wondering if anyone on here knows if the RW Smart Coach is still not working? I received my copy of RW in the post today (note to self to cancel subscription ). In the adverts section at the back of the magazine there was an advert for said Smart Coach and I thought.. ooh that might be useful for helping me devise a schedule for the metric marathon in October.
When I looked at the website the Smart Coach just wouldn't work. None of the drop down boxes would take data. I posted on one of the RW forums but no one has answered me yet.
Just thought I'd see if anyone on here knew more.
Ta! Ness x
8:47am, 22 Aug 2017
FitterStuIt looks like it's been withdrawn. The UK site just doesn't work but the US site no longer shows it and instead has this message:
The SmartCoach and SmartCoach Plus tools have been permanently closed and are no longer accessible.
As an alternative, we encourage you to try our authored plans. The Runner’s World experts have hand-crafted training plans for races of all distances. To find the one that’s right for you, try our Training Plan Finder.
If you have any questions about the closing of SmartCoach, you can use our Contact Form to let us know. Please select the RunnersWorld.com Technical option.
8:50am, 22 Aug 2017
NessThanks, fitterstu. Odd that they still advertise it in the magazine then.
About This Thread
Maintained by pablo7
- The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread
- Furman Institute of Running and Scientific Training (F.I.R.S.T.) acolytes!
- Advanced Marathoning by P&D Any tried the schedules?
- Exporting training plan to Google calendar
- P&D - 70-85mpw - 18 week plan support thread
- Training plan...
- Hanson running programme (sadly nothing to do with mmm bop)
- At sea with targets and appropriate paces...
- Hal Higdon / Ben Wisbey marathon plans
- Pfitzinger for NON-Marathoners (Faster Road Racing)