Anyone use their Garmin for monitoring sleep?

7 watchers
Nov 2017
7:07pm, 21 Nov 2017
6,115 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I wore my Garmin 735 all day and night for the first fortnight I had it. The HR recording was perfect but I discovered that my resting heart rate is about 10 BPM lower when awake and annoyingly it would record the sleep value as my lowest of the day when it never was. I really like the wrist mounted HR recording and have had a few days of 30 BPM being the RHR but have not equalled my previous lowest seen of 28 with a chest strap.
Dec 2017
12:32pm, 21 Dec 2017
62,421 posts
  •  
Gobi
I have been using my Fenix 5 since it came out, have even started charging it during the day so it is on at night. It soon becomes the norm.

I always suspected that I slept very little and the watch has showed how little that is.

I find that and the stress monitoring quite interesting.
Dec 2017
12:49pm, 21 Dec 2017
17,405 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
ER said something interesting. I found, when I tried this, I lay there stressing about it, so I stopped. Personally, routine works for me, a bit dull, but if I stick to a regular getting up time (6.00am) I have to pop myself in bed early enough.
Dec 2017
1:00pm, 21 Dec 2017
12,432 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
i used to wear my vivofit for sleep but I know that a lot of the time I would lie perfectly still so as not to disturb husband so it would then think I was asleep!
I had to put mine into sleep mode when I went to bed and got up
if not it took my default times
I used to own a fitbit (loved the vibrate alarm very useful for hard of hearing like me)
Dec 2017
2:14pm, 21 Dec 2017
62,426 posts
  •  
Gobi
I do find it funny, I just wear my watch in bed. Don't even think about it :¬)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
I occasionally use a phone app for monitoring my sleep but thought my Garmin 735 might be more accur...