Anyone medical about?

4 watchers
Oct 2011
5:42pm, 1 Oct 2011
4,842 posts
  •  
Ness
Wouldn't a trip to A & E be the best bet. They can send you away if it's not urgent. (I don't have enough medical knowledge to know for definite, but I'd err on the side of caution).

Perhaps one of the Fetch medics will come along soon & give better advice.
Oct 2011
5:43pm, 1 Oct 2011
5,817 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Ok Jonny, so u think Monday would be best? Minor injuries offered me the crutches. I declined them and hopped off looking stupid instead.
Oct 2011
5:47pm, 1 Oct 2011
10,341 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I am just not sure that even if you saw the best foot surgeon in the world that there would be anything to do.

Crutches might not be a bad idea though- if it is torn partially then you don't want it to get worse. Non weight bearing with crutches might be a good idea.
Oct 2011
5:50pm, 1 Oct 2011
5,818 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I have a horrible feeling I am not going to be able to ride my bike :(
Oct 2011
5:51pm, 1 Oct 2011
10,342 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Maybe not.

Definitely not until you have seen someone who knows about this.
Oct 2011
5:51pm, 1 Oct 2011
6,502 posts
  •  
James1982a
:-(
Oct 2011
5:52pm, 1 Oct 2011
651 posts
  •  
miss lippy
Unfortunately i have no advice or words of wisdom GF, just hope it'll be okay and you'll still manage to do lejog :(
Oct 2011
5:57pm, 1 Oct 2011
9,431 posts
  •  
HellsBells
as far as I'm aware the only treatment for a rupture is immobilisation
all going to A+E will achieve is a long wait to be offered pain killers and crutches - they can't refer you on to anyone other than fracture clinic either
I'd suggest seeing gP on Monday for an acute referral - there's more likely to be someone in the hospital who knows about things on a Monday than a Saturday evening
Oct 2011
6:01pm, 1 Oct 2011
5,018 posts
  •  
Footpad
If it's swelling up and pain is increasing then A&E is a good bet. They will xray it and prod it and that's about it. Maybe you broke a bone on top of what has already been 'buggered' (note expert use of medical terminology). Then get referred asap on Monday if it's still knackered.

Oh and rest it obvsly.

Sorry to hear that your foot injury woe continues :-(
Oct 2011
6:02pm, 1 Oct 2011
5,019 posts
  •  
Footpad
Ummm another thought. What about a GP visit today? They are about, it may be an oncall, but you get a real life person poking your foot and they can give you real life answers on what to do. :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Gymfreak
This morning I had a sensation like I had been shot in my PF (I already have chronic PF) and it's b...