Anyone know details on the Marathon Expo?

5 watchers
Jan 2011
10:09am, 13 Jan 2011
601 posts
  •  
The Penketh Runner
Hi Pootle,

I'm coming with you next time. I hardly picked up anything when i . I can't believe you managed to pick up a kitchen cabinet and a block of knives too ;)
Jan 2011
3:05pm, 13 Jan 2011
641 posts
  •  
JaneyM
look at all the freebies you got Pootle - I can't wait, very very very excited now - just got to get running now! :)
Jan 2011
7:11pm, 18 Jan 2011
30 posts
  •  
DuaneDibbley
I wasn't looking forward to the Expo last year - I didn't know what to expect and had read of huge long queues. The whole thing was a breeze - no queue when I got there...maybe we just timed it right/got lucky. Anyhoo, all things considered it's not as bad as I'd feared, got some freebies and a nice mara tshirt too.
Jan 2011
1:19pm, 27 Jan 2011
6 posts
  •  
rosec2
Is the Saturday likely to be a nightmare? If yes then does anyone have an idea about what time of day would be best? I can't really get up there before then!
Jan 2011
1:23pm, 27 Jan 2011
12,024 posts
  •  
Stumpy
saturday is definitely the busiest day and the queues for numbers can get very long. earlier would be better, I guess but if you can't get there then you can't get there. if there is more than one of you then you can have one person in the queue and the other wandering around. it does move relatively quickly though.
Jan 2011
1:26pm, 27 Jan 2011
22,957 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I go Friday night plus they give you beer mmm beer
Jan 2011
1:28pm, 27 Jan 2011
6,214 posts
  •  
Pootle
Oh yeah I forgot about the free beer! Was gutted I couldn't have any because I'd given up the grog. I think I still have a can of London Pride at home somewhere from the goodie bag...
Jan 2011
1:33pm, 27 Jan 2011
372 posts
  •  
spinkle
My can of beer, usefully, exploded in my bag (no mum, I wasn't swinging it about, honest) . Mmm, beer flavoured freebies....

I was also trying to avoid the Lucozade Sport people (in case they wanted more effing photos) and the stalker I acquired during my stint on the SuperSix. So, rather than lapping it up, I spent the whole time with my eyes darting every which way and *just a little bit* stressed out.
Jan 2011
1:34pm, 27 Jan 2011
6,215 posts
  •  
Pootle
Just out of interest, does anyone know if everyone gets a goodie bag at the Expo, or if it's just runners? I know they never asked to see my number, but they might have seen the bag slung over my shoulder and known that way....
Jan 2011
1:48pm, 27 Jan 2011
4,792 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
I can't be there until Saturday, and probably the afternoon as well . No hoovering up the freebies, please, leave some for me.

About This Thread

Maintained by Brian G
Hi,

Does anybody have any details on the Marathon Expo for VLM2011....does everyone really have t...