Anyone got some advice on Inov8 choice for me please?

1 watcher
Feb 2014
7:43pm, 1 Feb 2014
442 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
They do F-Lites in 3 drops now - 0mm, 3mm and 6mm - so you don't need to go very flat.

Agree that most shops only have a few models which is annoying
Feb 2014
7:49pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,390 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
I dont think Ive ever seen a pair of Inov8s in any of my local shops unfortunately. GG, the Kanadias do have great grip but they dont feel comfortable on me at all and they blister like hell.

The roclites and trailrocs do look hella chunky, which is another thing I dont like about the Kanadias. The lightness and large toe box are what I have loved about my road inov8s so I guess I was looking for something with a similar feel that I wouldnt slide around in on the muddy sections of my off-road runs. *goes to google nearest inov8 stockist*
Feb 2014
7:51pm, 1 Feb 2014
28,851 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I love F-Lite 230s but agree that they won't cope with really nasty slippery off-road conditions.
Feb 2014
7:59pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,391 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Boooo :( Do you wear them as just road trainers then V'rap or do you take them out on drier trails?
Feb 2014
8:15pm, 1 Feb 2014
572 posts
  •  
jacdaw
I love my f-lites on the road, especially now there is a wider option, and my wife did a trail race (nine edges) in Derbyshire in hers (because I forgot to pack her bare grips). They don't have much grip on slippery trails, but are OK on hard pack.

To be honest I would suggest you looked at Trailrocs; they don't have the aggressive grip of a fell shoe, but they are OK on almost everything including road. I like the 255 (6mm drop) because I can't destroy them but the lighter ones look good. They are the wider (natural) fit which might not suit you if you have narrow feet.
Feb 2014
8:52pm, 1 Feb 2014
28,852 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'm happy to take my F-Lite 230s off road, RotJ. They're not brilliant on long wet grass, wet wood or (as I once discovered) chips spilled on snow, but they're fine for everything else.

They are great for running on frosty pavements because the relatively large surface area means that if there's a bit of pavement with some grip, you'll find it :)
Feb 2014
8:59pm, 1 Feb 2014
425 posts
  •  
flyingfinn
I wear Roclite 243s as my general running shoe on everything from road to ploughed fields including quite a lot of wet limestone and find the grip fine for general running (maybe not for aggressive racing on slippery conditions but that's what x-talons are for :-) ). I also find them fine on the road and have even used them for the odd road race.
Feb 2014
9:48pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,394 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Thanks so much for all the advice. I cant find any roclites/trailrocs at a suitable price right now so I might go with the f-lites and see how they go. By the sounds of it they will be good for all my other running on road and packed trail anyway so if they cant manage the muddy sections on my routes, I'll have another look at the roclites Thanks again :)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Caprica Vix (RotJ)
I bought a pair of road 238s last year and I love them and its time for some nooo shoes, road and tr...