Anyone got some advice on Inov8 choice for me please?

1 watcher
Feb 2014
6:06pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,384 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
I bought a pair of road 238s last year and I love them and its time for some nooo shoes, road and trail. I have a a pair of Kanadia's for off-road that I hate. None of my off-road stuff is particularly tough, just a bit muddy and often interspersed with compact trail and road. I live in East Anglia so no mountain runs here!
What are the F-Lites like over varied terrain? They look like the could be pretty versatile?
Also, is a year in the 238's 9mm drop trainers long enough to begin thinking about the road 233's with a 6mm drop?
Feb 2014
6:11pm, 1 Feb 2014
9,257 posts
  •  
DerbyTup
233 going very cheap at sportsshoes - I have a pair and they're great. 9mm isn't very minimal depending what you wore before but why not buy a pair and do a couple of miles every now and then? They are very hard-wearing. No experience of f-lites, sorry
Feb 2014
6:16pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,386 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
Well I had been wearing chunky ole Asics and Mizuno's so they felt pretty minimal to me when I started! :) I was thinking along the same lines DP, while my 238s still have some life in them. Thanks.
Feb 2014
6:16pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,387 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
*DT - stupid autocorrect
Feb 2014
6:22pm, 1 Feb 2014
440 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Depends if you think there is enough grip on the F-Lite sole - not so sure myself but never tried them. The models designed for trails are the Trailroc and Roclite.
Fpr Womens models in those then for 9mm drop you'd need to go for Roclite 268, and for 6mm Trailroc 246
Both would be OK on sections of road.
Feb 2014
6:31pm, 1 Feb 2014
2,388 posts
  •  
ReturnoftheJuddi
The Roclites look a bit too severe but the Trailrocs look just the business. Cheers Gus :)
Feb 2014
6:40pm, 1 Feb 2014
441 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Roclites are absolutely fine on roads, honest.

Try and find a shop where you can try both on, they feel quite different fit. I'm on 3rd pair of Roclites, but just didn't like the feel of Trailrocs when I tried them.
Feb 2014
7:07pm, 1 Feb 2014
6,975 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have 230 f-lites they are great for road but I won't wear them for more than light trail.

I have 315 roclites which are great off road lots of grip although they are bigger than the f-lites in same size so if you go trail shoes worth looking at sizing.

Personally I love kanadia's had them on today at parkrun it was icy but they still held their grip.
Feb 2014
7:13pm, 1 Feb 2014
5,877 posts
  •  
DrBob
I had a pair of F-Lites and I didn't really like them at all, to be honest, and gave them away. Likewise, Roclite 330s (?) which felt like bricks and were also donated to another runner, who used them for walking to work and back. I would try a few pairs on, because it's a highly individual thing. Depends what you want to be doing with them as well.
Feb 2014
7:19pm, 1 Feb 2014
17,183 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Flites are fine on rocky and wet trail, but no good of the mud is deep. They are very flat though, and you might struggle if you are used to 9mm.
Roclites are very versatile, but the heavy ones can feel a bit clunky as they aren't as flexible. You will find so e with a decent drop that will give you a further transition towards a low rise heel. The red ones that are numbered 2xx are what I am thinking of here.
Never tried trailrocs. The look hella clunky though.

Trying them on is the only way. Finding a shop with a full range is not easy though.

About This Thread

Maintained by Caprica Vix (RotJ)
I bought a pair of road 238s last year and I love them and its time for some nooo shoes, road and tr...