Any Tips For A Rat Race Dirty Weekend Full Mucker Virgin?

2 watchers
Mar 2015
11:54am, 9 Mar 2015
124 posts
  •  
Damian
I am doing the Rat Race Dirty Weekend Full Mucker in just under two months and wondering if you have done it, or something similar before what tips and advice you have?

I've never done an obstacle race before, and of course, I just had to do the world's biggest for my 1st one.

e.g.

How tough is it on your upper body (I love running, but hate doing weights)?
Do you carry water and gels with you?
Do you need gloves?
Do you need long sleeved tops and leggings?
I don't really get on with trail shoes, are normal run trainers ok?
Are there obstacles you can't do without help from other competitors?
Do they have any electric shock obstacles like some events?

Any help and advice would be gratefully received as while I am confident I can do 20 miles, the 200 obstacles and the practicalities are giving me sleepless nights? :-)
Mar 2015
11:58am, 9 Mar 2015
15,691 posts
  •  
flanker
talking to someone who did it last year, the bulk of the 'real' obstacles are in the first 13 miles and then largely just a trail run for the last 7 with far less and far less challenging obstacles. This guy has now gone back to the shorter option as he wanted to do a obstacles race rather than a long run.
Mar 2015
12:33pm, 9 Mar 2015
3,700 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
I totally misread the last three words, swapping the F and the M over...

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Damian
I am doing the Rat Race Dirty Weekend Full Mucker in just under two months and wondering if you have...