Any thoughts/experiences on the following autumn halfs?

3 watchers
Apr 2013
4:49pm, 4 Apr 2013
415 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
Maidenhead is the flattest and fastest of the bunch. DTUF is the only one I haven't done, that I would think of doing - Ealing is too pricey. It's got a few styles I understand - just thinking congestion and all that...
Apr 2013
7:25pm, 4 Apr 2013
3,438 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Some of these sound quite dull! I would opt for Windsor from that list, or better still Henley or Marlow
Apr 2013
7:27pm, 4 Apr 2013
8,358 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Wiltshire HM.
Apr 2013
7:28pm, 4 Apr 2013
8,359 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
DTUF is mid July, no?
Apr 2013
8:17pm, 4 Apr 2013
87 posts
  •  
Jo_London
I really enjoyed running the Ealing HM last year. It was well organised and had good local support. A bit hilly in places, but an enjoyable race. Yep, it's probably slightly more expensive than other races, but has the advantage of having good public transport links and for me being about 30 mins from my front door :) I'd happily run it again, but am doing the Cardiff HM this year instead.

Would love to hear about other people's experiences of those HMs though, as I'm currently thinking about what races to do in 2014. Yes, I know we've only just started 2013, but I've got my races planned/booked for this year :)
Apr 2013
8:33pm, 4 Apr 2013
5,302 posts
  •  
lammo
I think Henley is proper hilly, though not done it myself...
Apr 2013
10:26am, 5 Apr 2013
2,952 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Down Tow is to be booked. Open to a second one though. Probably :-)
Apr 2013
10:28am, 5 Apr 2013
11,143 posts
  •  
RuthB2
Henley is great, and only one big nasty hill too.
AB
Apr 2013
10:46am, 5 Apr 2013
80 posts
  •  
AB
The Bacchus is different to all the other halves as there are seven wine tasting stations on the half, fifteen on the full marathon, with a bespoke medal, technical top, tea/coffee, fruit, cake, hog roast BBQ with a beer or glass of wine at the finish. A really nice event on a mainly trail route with a lot of undulations and one hill that goes on for a mile. I think a special event.
Apr 2013
10:56am, 5 Apr 2013
First-time poster!!
  •  
Ultra George
For the 8th Sept ones - I vote Bacchus.

Yes its pricey but its a really enjoyable run in a gorgeous area and you do get a free drink and BBQ sandwich thing after (I got two because the guy didn't take my ticket first time round bwahaha!).

I found the Maidenhead half to be dull - there was one pretty bit at Ray Mead / Lower Cookham Road next to the Thames but the rest was through suburbs/housing estates and the town - good if you want to go for a fast time / PB though. Not heard anything good about Run to the Beat going on feedback on facebook etc.

Also check out the Grand Union Canal half marathon by Purple Patch in November - combines fantastic scenery with a fast route - definitely one of my favourite halfs.

About This Thread

Maintained by HermanBloom
I have the New Forest 10 (if it survives the weather this year) on 14th July, and the Great South on...