Any Fetchie WujWum'ers ?

5 watchers
Dec 2021
3:24pm, 29 Dec 2021
21,833 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I've just started reading the book. I haven't got as far as any tips yet, still reading all about Helen. I'm hopeful though.
Dec 2021
4:51pm, 29 Dec 2021
21,834 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Page 70 - standing against the wall with bum, mid back and head touching it. It felt like I was leaning backwards. I'm more forward slumping than I'd realised. Old before my time. Something to work on.
Dec 2021
4:59pm, 29 Dec 2021
23,515 posts
  •  
Rosehip
What I noticede was how i tend to sit with my head jutting out forward rather than stacked “on right”
Dec 2021
5:12pm, 29 Dec 2021
21,836 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I think years of looking at computer screens and marking books has a part to play in my slouchy posture and forward head position, Rosehip
I certainly believe that the calf issues I had could well be attributed to daily sitting on an office chair that was too high, so I put my toes on the chair base with my heels raised. Funny how it didn't occur to me at the time.
Dec 2021
5:13pm, 29 Dec 2021
23,519 posts
  •  
Rosehip
And me sitting on a wooden lab stool sideways to a cupboard, then doing the same in the kitchen at home did nothing to help my dodgy knee
Dec 2021
5:19pm, 29 Dec 2021
21,837 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
And we don't give it a moments thought at the time.
Jan 2022
8:57am, 9 Jan 2022
21,946 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I'm working my way through the book slowly, reading a few pages then ponder on them before moving on.
I'm still doing the "stand against the wall" task most days to try and get familiar with where my head should be - it doesn't come naturally at all, especially when on the move, so I'm being very conscious abut it when walking and trying to remember when running.
I've just about finished level 1 and have been opening and closing my ankle joints this morning.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Rosehip
If you are you'll know what I mean...

If not:
Having heard her name mentioned on two runnin...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.