Any computer games fans? (we need a gamers icon!)

53 watchers
Jan 2021
2:59pm, 11 Jan 2021
13,373 posts
  •  
Badger
Bringing back memories of working through about one game every 6 months and finding I needed to fit a new graphics card for every one. Not so practical now as I use a laptop.
Jan 2021
3:06pm, 11 Jan 2021
25,360 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
JK - I loved GoW :-)
Jan 2021
5:06pm, 11 Jan 2021
1,881 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
I've been playing Baldur's Gate. A bargain at £6 or whatever it was on steam. I did an unintended speed run where I just did the main quest, without going through all the side quests, which made the final battle a bit of nightmare, but a clue about wands of monster summoning made it possible.

Lately I've also tried Ancestors:the humankind odyssey, which is basically the evolution of human beings from something fairly chimp like to something homo erectus like. It's quite possibly the hardest game I've tried to get to grips with (possibly because I don't have a controller, just a mouse and keyboard) as the tutorial is fairly sparse and the variety of controls are quite complex. I've been regularly swearing at the screen, going round in circles and then having an epiphany. I haven't given up yet, although given only 30% of players have got the first achievement it's clearly not for everyone.
Jan 2021
7:02pm, 11 Jan 2021
13,178 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Fetch - I don't have a son, but GoW achieved the impossible by making me really care for Atreus. A lot of credit must go to the lad who did the voice acting and mo-cap. Hope they do him justice in the upcoming sequel...
Jan 2021
12:58am, 18 Jan 2021
13,259 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Just finished* God of War. Finally. Although I'm going to have to find another way to spend my weekends now rather than sailing around Midgard listening to stories of Giants.

*Not done all the Valkyries yet, get the feeling I'll not be able to down the queen...
Jan 2021
8:39am, 18 Jan 2021
37,128 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm enjoying Tomb Raider (2013). £2.02 on Steam. I'm such a cheapskate!

Not having played games for years I'm amazed at the graphics and the voice acting is pretty decent too! (imho!) :-) G
Jan 2021
9:21am, 18 Jan 2021
13,260 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
I've never been too fussed with Tomb Raider, but one of the games is on PS+ this month so I might give it a try *shrug*
Jan 2021
12:19pm, 18 Jan 2021
37,132 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm not very good at these games JK. So this is a relatively easy, walking around collecting things, with occasional jumping around and a bit of shooting. It suits me. But I can imagine for an aficionado it would be a bit boring or basic? :-) G
Jan 2021
6:14pm, 18 Jan 2021
13,263 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Hmm, I like 3rd person games, but I suck once guns come out, or if stealth is needed. I've got an abandoned Uncharted 4 playthrough waiting for me where I just kept buggering up as all I want to do is solve puzzles and explore!
Jan 2021
6:18pm, 18 Jan 2021
37,138 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm playing it on easy mode and I am able to just work through it. I am amazed there is genuine tension going round corners and things! Welcome to modern gaming, I guess! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
If you're buying games (or anything) on Amazon, please use our Amazon link:

amazon.co.uk

As an Amazon Associate Fetcheveryone.com earns from qualifying purchases!